According to Janet K. Keeler, on hectic nights, chicken pasta is a worthy go-to dinner. The dried variety is generally cheap — especially when it’s on sale two-for-one. And an accompanying jar of prepared sauce can get dinner on the table in a snap. But how boring is that? I won’t promise that making your own sauce is as lickety-split as breaking the vacuum seal on the jar.
But there are many ways to adorn pasta that doesn’t take much longer. In fact, you can have a tasty sauce ready before the pasta is even cooked al dente. Always save a cup or so of the pasta water to add to pasta if it appears too dry once sauced. Below is a Chicken Pasta Recipe for Beginners by Mary Berry through the BBC Food Recipes Blog.
With this in mind, please allow me to take your few minutes as I show you Step by Step on how to Bake your Chicken Pasta. Especially if you love all that which is food in addition to proving worth amongst your friends and family.
How do I prepare Chicken Pasta?
Of course, raise your hand if pasta is your go-to “forgot to make dinner” meal. Yep, guilty. Since you probably have some leftover chicken on hand too, or a fresh pack, make your meal a little more filling. Particularly with these delish recipes for chicken pasta. If there were any doubts, these dishes prove the two go great together. Even better? They’re both budget-friendly.
Not to mention, this can be made ahead and will go down really well with the family. Above all, each serving provides the following elements to your general health and wellness.
What do you get?
- 532 kcal,
- 35g protein,
- 46g carbohydrates (of which 10g sugars),
- 22g fat (of which 11.5g saturates),
- 4.5g fiber and 0.9g salt.
What are the Chicken Pasta Ingredients?
In reality, Berry has made it all easy for you. And therefore, you too will be able to acquire some of these ingredients locally. Particularly, if you are conversant with your grocery and butchery depot. And that is if you have not stocked some. Or rather, have no Home Garden to source from.
The ingredients you’ll need include;
- butter, for greasing
- 250g/9oz penne
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips roughly the size of your little finger
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Above all, nothing is more fulfilling and mouth-watering than having a sauce to go along with your delicacy. May it be for your guests, family dinner, or even hospitality care. Below are the additional ingredients you will need to topple your Recipe with a Sauce;
- 50g/1¾oz butter
- 50g/1¾oz plain flour
- 750ml/1 pint 6 fl oz hot milk (see tip)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g/3½oz Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small cubes
Recipe – Preparation Method
Now that we have all the ingredients at our hand, let’s follow the next step. And that is the preparation method for our delicacy. Not forgetting, at the thought of it, some of us are already salivating.
Here, let’s Start!
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Butter a shallow 1.75 litre/3 pint ovenproof dish.
- Cook the penne with the onion in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, refresh in cold water, and leave to drain again in the colander.
- Put the chicken strips in a resealable freezer bag with the paprika and a little salt and pepper, seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and quickly fry the chicken over high heat for about 2 minutes until golden-brown and just cooked through (you may need to do this in batches). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried chicken to a plate, and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the flour and whisk together to form a roux. Cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the hot milk, whisking over high heat until the sauce is smooth and thickened, and allow to boil for 4 minutes. Stir in the mustard and half the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and onion to the sauce in the pan and stir together. Spoon half this mixture into the dish, arrange the chicken strips over the top and spoon the remaining pasta and sauce on top of the chicken. Scatter over the tomatoes and then top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until piping hot and golden-brown on top.
Some Recipe Tips:
Planning: Berry used penne in this dish but any similar pasta shape would do, such as fusilli or orecchiette. Whereby, to save an extra pan, pour the milk into a microwave-proof jug and heat in a microwave on high for 1–2 minutes.
Prepare Ahead: the pasta can be cooked up to 24 hours ahead, following the instructions in step 2, then kept in the fridge. Additionally, the dish can be assembled fully and chilled overnight in the fridge. Then again, cooked at 200C/180C fan/Gas 6 for 30 minutes.
- What Is Clean Eating?
- Garlic | 10 Health Benefits to Our Health Wellness
- Carrot | 14 Health Benefits to Our Health & Wellness
Cajun Chicken Pasta is a lightly spiced, creamy dish that makes a delicious, quick [20 minutes!] and easy dinner. Very filling and a wonderfully comforting dish! You can read and learn more about How is Cajun Chicken Pasta prepared? As well as 6 Unforgettable Pasta Recipes In Red Sauce.
And for even more pasta recipes, check out these 21 Penne Pasta Recipes That Are Lightyears Better Than Noodles And Sauce. And in reality, this is a wonderfully comforting chicken pasta bake recipe.