If you Create a MEGA Cloud Storage Account today, you’ll get 20 GB FREE secure cloud storage and a communication channel that’s all Privacy by Design. Apart from getting reliable storage, you’ll also get fast file transfers as a result too. Not to mention, they make secure cloud storage simple and convenient.
All you need to do is to get started in order to use this web platform — Create a free MEGA account today (register). But, before you even start, it’s good to know what cloud storage is, what it entails, and why you should choose to Create a MEGA Account. So, follow my leads in this article to learn more.
By definition, cloud storage is a cloud computing model that stores data on the Internet through a cloud computing provider who manages and operates data storage as a service. It’s delivered on-demand with just-in-time capacity and costs and eliminates buying and managing your own data storage infrastructure.
What Is MEGA Cloud Storage?
MEGA is a web-based platform that provides user-controlled encrypted cloud storage through standard web browsers. Together with dedicated apps for mobile devices. But, unlike other cloud storage providers, your data is encrypted and decrypted by your client devices only and never by us. Technically, this gives you agility, global scale, and durability, with “anytime, anywhere” data access.
Notably, all cloud storage solutions are purchased from a third-party cloud vendor. In most cases, who owns and operates data storage capacity and delivers it over the Internet in a pay-as-you-go model. A cloud storage vendor such as Amazon or MEGA manages capacity, security, and durability. In order to make data accessible to your applications all around the world.
Applications access cloud storage through traditional storage protocols or directly via an API. In general, there are three types of cloud data storage. Including object storage, file storage, and block storage. Each offers their own advantages and have their own use cases.
Consider the following:
- Object Storage – Applications developed in the cloud often take advantage of object storage’s vast scalability and metadata characteristics. Object storage solutions are ideal for building modern applications from scratch that require scale and flexibility. They can also be used to import existing data stores for analytics, backup, or archive.
- File Storage – Some applications need to access shared files and require a file system. This type of storage is often supported with a Network Attached Storage (NAS) server. File storage solutions are ideal for use cases like large content repositories. As well as development environments, media stores, or user home directories.
- Block Storage – Other enterprise applications like databases or ERP systems often require dedicated, low latency storage for each host. This is analogous to direct-attached storage (DAS) or a Storage Area Network (SAN). Block storage solutions are provisioned with each virtual server. They offer the ultra-low latency required for high-performance workloads.
When considering storing data in the cloud, look out for;
Durability. Data should be redundantly stored, ideally across multiple facilities and multiple devices in each facility. Natural disasters, human error, or mechanical faults should not result in data loss.
Availability. All data should be available when needed, but there is a difference between production data and archives. The ideal cloud storage will deliver the right balance of retrieval times and cost.
Security. All data is ideally encrypted, both at rest and in transit. Permissions and access controls should work just as well in the cloud as they do for on-premises storage.
The Benefits of Cloud Storage
Storing data in the cloud lets IT departments transform three areas:
- Total Cost of Ownership. With cloud storage, there is no hardware to purchase, storage to provision, or capital to use for “someday” scenarios. You can add or remove capacity on-demand, quickly change performance and retention characteristics, and only pay for storage that you actually use. Automatically, less frequently accessed data is movable to lower-cost tiers. More so, in accordance with auditable rules, driving economies of scale.
- Time to Deployment. When development teams are ready to execute, infrastructure should never slow them down. Cloud storage allows IT to quickly deliver the exact amount of storage needed, right when it’s needed. This allows IT to focus on solving complex application problems instead of having to manage storage systems.
- Information Management. Centralizing storage in the cloud creates a tremendous leverage point for new use cases. By using cloud storage lifecycle management policies, you can perform powerful information management tasks including automated tiering or locking down data in support of compliance requirements.
Why Use MEGA Cloud Storage?
Ensuring your company’s critical data is safe, secure, and available when needed is essential. As such, the main reason to consider MEGA is that its;
- Powerful: MEGA is a cloud-based service that can be used from all major devices and platforms from anywhere with the Internet.
- Privacy: By properly applying end-to-end encryption, MEGA achieves actual privacy by design.
- Secure: MEGA is carefully engineered to achieve the highest level of security for its users.
- Transparent: MEGA’s client apps are Public sources. Its cryptographic architecture is specified in a comprehensive Security Whitepaper.
- Reliable: MEGA owns and operates its redundant server infrastructure directly, ensuring that your data always remains available.
- Generous: MEGA is one of the most generous cloud services on the Internet, with easy ways to expand and extend your free storage.
Many vendors like Amazon also offer other added benefits in terms of complimentary services too. More so, designed to help collect, manage, secure and analyze data at a massive scale. Bearing in mind, their quality cloud storage provides fast, low-cost, highly durable storage for data accessed less than once a month.
Why Create A MEGA Account?
First of all, a strong cloud storage solution like MEGA is very perfect for reducing the cost of backups and archives. Likewise, if you Create a MEGA account, you’ll even get 20 GB FREE storage. It’s a secure cloud storage and communication vendor — that’s all privacy by design.
Secondly, you’ll also get reliable storage and fast file transfers — making secure cloud storage simple and convenient. Not forgetting, it’s also free to Create a MEGA account and start using it right away.
You’ll also get end-to-end encryption using keys. To easily control your MEGA files and chats. In addition, there is also Secure Communication. You can exchange messages, share your files and have audio/video calls with MEGA’s end-to-end encrypted chat.
Uniquely, it has the most secure solution for your business. Whilst, allowing you to take the security of your company’s data and communication to the next level. With MEGA’s end-to-end encrypted business solution.
Its key features are:
- Secure Chat
- The MEGA Cloud
Millions of people trust MEGA to store billions of files using their state-of-the-art infrastructure. Join them and protect your data using one of the Internet’s most secure cloud and communication providers. Just Create a MEGA Account today (get started).
What Can You Do With MEGA?
Technically, you can chat securely. Connect with your contacts on MEGA and stay in touch; securely exchange messages and have audio, video, or group calls with MEGAchat. Automatically backup photos and videos from your mobile device with Camera Uploads.
You’ll also be able to sync your computer data with MEGA’s Desktop App. MEGA automatically maintains historic versions of your files, allowing you to easily revert when needed. In short, it’s seamless software for all your devices.
Consider the following:
- Desktop App: Easily automated synchronization between your computer and your MEGA cloud. Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Mobile Apps: Take the full power of MEGA with you, wherever you go. Carefully engineered to provide secure data mobility. Available for iOS and Android.
- MEGA CMD: A command-line tool to work with your MEGA account and files. Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Web Extensions: Install MEGA into your browser. It will reduce loading times, improve download performance and strengthen security.
- MEGA on NAS: A command-line tool to interact with MEGA from your Network Attached Storage device.
With this tool, you are able to easily automate synchronization between your computer and your MEGA Cloud. As well as export securely keyed links to your files and folders, or share folders directly with your contacts on MEGA. Below are the key ways to use cloud storage.
1. Data Backup and Recovery
Backup and recovery are a critical part of ensuring data protection and accessibility. But, keeping up with increased capacity requirements can be a constant challenge. Cloud storage brings low cost, high durability, and extreme scale to backup and recovery solutions.
Embedded data management policies like Amazon S3 Object Lifecycle Management can automatically migrate data to lower-cost tiers based on frequency or timing settings, and archival vaults can be created to help comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
These benefits allow for tremendous scale possibilities within industries such as financial services, healthcare, and media that produce high volumes of data with long-term retention needs.
2. Software Development and Testing
Software test and development environments often require separate, independent, and duplicate storage environments. In order for easy building, management, and decommissioning. In addition to the time required, the up-front capital costs required can be extensive.
Some of the largest and most valuable companies in the world have created applications in record time by leveraging the flexibility, performance, and low cost of cloud storage. There’s an amazingly low cost of improvements on even the simplest static websites.
Developers all over the world are turning to pay-as-you-go storage options that remove management and scale headaches.
3. Cloud Data Migration
The availability, durability, and cost benefits of cloud storage can be very compelling to business owners, but traditional IT functional owners like storage, backup, networking, security, and compliance administrators may have concerns around the realities of transferring large amounts of data to the cloud.
Cloud data migration services such as AWS Import/Export Snowball can simplify migrating storage into the cloud by addressing high network costs, long transfer times, and security concerns.
4. Cloud Data Compliance
At times, storing data in the cloud raises concerns about regulation and compliance. Especially, if the data is readily available in stored in compliant storage systems. Cloud data compliance controls like Amazon Glacier Vault Lock are designed to ensure that you can easily deploy and enforce compliance controls.
More so, on individual data vaults via a lockable policy. You can specify controls such as Write Once Read Many (WORM) to lock the data for future edits. You can also use audit log products like AWS CloudTrail to help you ensure compliance and governance objectives for your cloud-based storage and archival systems.
5. Big Data and Data Lakes
Traditional on-premises storage solutions can be inconsistent in their cost, performance, and scalability — especially over time. Big Data projects demand large-scale, affordable, highly available, and secure storage pools that are commonly referred to as data lakes.
Data lakes built on object storage keep information in its native form and include rich metadata that allows selective extraction and use for analysis. Cloud-based data lakes can sit at the center of all kinds of data warehousing, processing, big data, and analytical engines.
- Database | What Is It? Its Work, Examples & Management
- MySQL Database | How it works & Why webmasters need it
- Data Management | Systems, Challenges & Best Practices
- What is BigQuery? A Cloud Data Warehouse By Googlenet
- Content SEO Audit | How to Improve Your Web Presence
NB: KMSpico is a free windows activation tool for most people who don’t know how to activate Windows 10 free, for instance, just like I used to. So, if you’d like to learn how to activate your Windows legally — without having to pay for the activation key, then you are at the right place. Learn how KMSpico works in detail.
Finally, if you’ll need more support on this, you can Contact Us and let us know how we can help you. Likewise, you can also share your additional opinion thoughts, suggestions, contributions, or even question in our comments section.