There are approximately 110,000 eCommerce Websites generating revenue of meaningful scale on the internet. Whereby, more than 12% of the 100,000 highest-traffic websites are ecommerce based. Not to mention that density clearly declines to about 10% for the long tail.
eCommerce Websites are the most important online tools that your business needs. In fact, it’s your Online Shop. For instance, research has it that buyers are shifting to online shopping. Given the huge number of people who have access to smartphones and computers.
But choosing the best eCommerce platform is not an easy task. The market is wide and there are many factors to consider. Your choice has a lot of impact on your online business, so it’s important to give it enough thought before signing up.
Important to realize, trading, be it barter exchange or buying and selling of goods and services has been prevalent for centuries. Of course, no one can be self-sufficient. And in that case, this brings out the need for demand and supply of goods and services.
What are eCommerce Websites?
eCommerce websites are online portals that facilitate online transactions of goods and services through means of the transfer of information and funds over the Internet. In the early days, e-commerce was done partially through emails and phone calls. Now, with a single website, anything and everything that a transaction needs, can be executed online.
Whether online or offline, transactions have been going on all over the world for centuries. May it be, locally, and or even across locations. Keeping the same concept in mind, now think electronic.
e-Commerce, also known as e-Business, or electronic business, is simply the sale and purchase of services and goods over an electronic medium, like the Internet. It also involves electronically transferring data and funds between two or more parties. Simply put, it is online shopping as we commonly know it.
Types of eCommerce websites
Different ecommerce websites are labeled or referred to differently, based on the function they fulfill.
- Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies. Example: A business sells SAS products to other businesses.
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and consumers. Example: You buy a new t-shirt from an online store.
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between consumers, mostly through a third party. Example: You sell your old smartphone on eBay or Olx to another consumer.
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services where individuals offer products or services to companies. Example: A Social media influencer offers exposure to their online audience in exchange for a fee.
It gives you the tools to create and manage your site, including products and day-to-day operations. Most if not all, eCommerce builders use drag and drop functions.
Here’s the good news – you don’t need to be a web developer to create a good looking online shop.
There are many different reasons to use e-commerce platforms, but here are the most important ones:
Easy (For Beginners)
In the past, if you wanted an online store, you had to build the functionality yourself. Later there were shopping carts, but you still had to have developer skills to integrate them into your site. Now we have plugins. With eCommerce platforms, you get everything in one hand and can get started right away.
E-commerce platforms are not super expensive, some of them even cost nothing. While you definitely have expenses when running an online shop, it’s a lot less than developing your own solution from scratch. Plus, the more you pay, the more of your business can you usually hand over to technical solutions.
One solution fits all
Especially when going with a hosted solution, you are able to let go of more parts of running your site. No need to deal with web hosting, security, updates, and the likes. Instead, you are able to simply concentrate on growing your business.
Customer support available
Additionally, with a commercial solution, you benefit from the support structure. Open-source solutions such as WordPress are often community driven and you are therefore dependent on that community to provide support. While that can also work very well – if you are in desperate need of help at 3 am on a Sunday, it’s nice to have a guarantee it will be there.
What does eCommerce Websites entail?
E-business can comprise a range of functions and services. For example, ranging from the development of intranets and extranets to e-services. In addition to the provision of services and tasks over the internet by application service providers.
Today, as major corporations continuously rethink their businesses in terms of the internet, specifically, its availability. Notably, wide reach and ever-changing capabilities.
Not to mention, businesses are conducting e-business to buy parts and supplies from other companies. In addition, collaborate on sales promotions and conduct joint research.
As eCommerce Websites have accelerated, so are the stringent security protocols and tools. Including and not limited to; encryption and digital certificates. Whereby, they are adopted to protect against hackers, fraud, and theft.
And now available for individuals and companies from businesses. Such as Verisign, a certificate issuer, some of the early concern about the security of business transactions on the web has abated.
How is eBusiness different from eCommerce?
Always remember that Ecommerce and e-business are similar.
With e-commerce referring to buying and selling products online.
However, e-business defines a wider range of business processes by including aspects such as;
- supply chain management (SCM),
- electronic order processing,
- and customer relationship management (CRM).
In reality, designed to help the company operate more effectively and efficiently.
As a matter of fact, an E-commerce website, remarkably, adds advantages to your business.
Such as, increased productivity, abilities, accessibility, reach, customers, marketing, analysis, and branding.
1. Business Boost
- Ecommerce Websites are your Online store
- Easy to commence and run – Once the website has been designed and set up, you can easily manage it with just a bit of training.
- Less overhead cost – The cost of running Ecommerce websites is very low.
2. Economical Productivity
- Decreased managerial cost – This is simply because you can manage the website by yourself.
- Automatic branding at low cost
- Save operational cost
Generally speaking, Ecommerce Websites have high functionalities and abilities. Above all, with this kind of a website, you’re able to do the following easily.
- Buying and selling – People can buy from your site or use your site to sell their products as they pay you.
- Electronic fund transfer – Your customers have different options for safe electronic payments when they buy from your platform.
4. Accessibility And Availability
- 24/7 – Given that this is an online platform, people can buy, sell and transact anytime. The platform does not go to sleep.
- Anywhere – Your customers are able to buy from the platform no matter where they are located.
- Mobile app and system – eCommerce websites can be integrated with mobile applications and even online systems.
- Global customers – If you are in Kenya for instance, people all over the world can place orders on your platform.
- Any physical location – As I mentioned earlier, eCommerce platforms are not limited by geographical locations.
- Domestic territories – You are able to serve all your local customers with a lot of ease.
6. Customer Friendly
- Products Delivery
- Services Delivery
- Information Delivery
7. Real-Time Shopping Experience
- Pictorial information
- Textual data/testimonies/reviews
- Video displaying products/ service’ quality
8. Easy To Analyze Business
- Display of total sale
- Promotion and competitors
- Real-time data of products/service(s)
9. Brand Awareness
- Through search engine visibility
- Through social sharing
- Loyalty builds up
How do I build an eCommerce Website?
Selling products through an online shop is the best way to make a bit of extra money. Through an ecommerce website, you can easily introduce your products to a large number of customers at once.
There are so many benefits of ecommerce websites over physical shops. And that is the reason why many traders are inclined to take their business to the next level by creating an ecommerce website.
You don’t need to be a tech geek to build a website for your business. You can easily create your own ecommerce website with the help of various ecommerce platforms. ecommerce platforms are the quickest way to build an ecommerce website.
Below are some of the top ecommerce website builders which you can consider for developing your ecommerce website.
SEO Ready Sites
Believe it or not, eCommerce Websites or stores have become the future of our shopping. Equally, ushering in the rise of Online Shopping and Ecommerce Websites. And this is the reason why more and more people are moving towards Shopping and Selling Online rather than physical shops.
However, whether it’s just the presentation of fashion clothing or the latest electronic products, people just seem to love seeing things that are beautifully designed. And this goes the same way for your website design. Whereas if you fail to present visitors with an attractive website and user-friendly experience nicely, then you’re leaving money on the table.
In other words, an attractive web design can be a pivotal factor in successful online sales and marketing. Here, we’ve listed up the top 10 eCommerce websites. In that case, to help you create or redesign your online presence. Hopefully, they can give you ample design inspirations.
Also, learn how to Analyze Enhanced Ecommerce data.
If you are looking forward to having a beautifully designed and developed Website, don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
Additionally, below are more useful and related topic links for your further Online Research.
- Cloud Computing & Technology Beginners Guides
- Content Design and Development Guides
- Why Your Business Needs an E-commerce Website
- 21 Web Directories That Still Have Value in 2019
- Selling Products Online | Everything Starters Should Know
Copyrights © 2019 | jmexclusives