As of today, Online Digital Marketing moves at the speed of light. To keep up, you need a strong foundation with the judgment to think critically, act independently, and be relentlessly creative.
For instance, Businesses leverage digital channels such as Google search, social media, email, and websites. To connect with their current and prospective customers. That’s why we wrote this guide.
This article will empower you with the mental building blocks to stay ahead in an aggressive industry. Not to mention, online digital marketing requires good lead marketers and brand affiliates too.
Related Topic: What Is Inbound Marketing?
These are persons who show interest in the brand or products and services. And in the end, this makes the person a potential customer. Also, not forgetting, the primary goal of any company is to generate as many leads as possible.
Content marketing has now evolved out as the simplest way to get more and more marketing leads. Especially, without putting pressure on the company’s owner and treasury department. And eventually, guide them down the sales funnel with relevant content and offers towards the purchase.
What is Online Digital Marketing?
Online Digital Marketing is the process of marketing brands, products, services, or solutions using digital technologies. Especially on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
The reality is, people spend twice as much time online as they used to 15 years ago. And while you say it a lot, the way people shop and buy really has changed. Meaning offline marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be.
Related Topic: How is Social Media Marketing done? A Step-by-step Guide
Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means that you need to meet them where they are already spending time. This is where digital marketing on the internet falls in.
Actually, after the penetration of the internet in human life, everyone spends around 8 to 11 hours daily on the computer. Well, during this period, they also read several things online and get motivated to purchase from e-commerce portals too.
The Best Practices for Online Digital Marketing?
Your online digital marketing is affiliated with all your internet availability. A long-lasting reputation, presence, and awareness you’ll create for your target audience and niche. From your website itself to your online branding assets; digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, and beyond.
Moreover, there’s a huge spectrum of tactics and assets that fall under the umbrella of online digital marketing. Additionally, the best online digital marketers have a clear picture of how each asset or tactic supports their overarching goals.
Learn Also: Email Marketing Masters Guide In Publishing
Basically, Online Digital Marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
Eventually, Online Digital Media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information anytime and any place they want it. For instance, gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or services came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know.
Digital Media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping, and social interaction. In addition, consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well.
And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
The Best Methods for Online Digital Marketing
Basically, the methods and techniques used for online marketing include email, social media, display advertising, search engine optimization, and more. The objective of marketing is to reach potential customers through the channels where they spend time reading, searching, shopping, or socializing online.
In that case, always remember, the jmexclusives team offers your brand unique online digital marketing services and solutions support. Bearing in mind, marketing is, and always has been, about reaching customers where they are.
For instance, TV commercials, print advertisements, and billboards all attempt to do just that. Whereby, internet use is increasing worldwide and at a superspeed every day. In fact, over four billion people around the world use the internet, as of 2018.
Below, is a quick rundown of some of the most common assets and tactics used by the jmexclusives. But, firstly, it is important that you consider your;
1. Business or Brand Assets:
- Your website
- Blog posts
- Ebooks and whitepapers
- Interactive tools
- Social media channels (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Earned online coverage (PR, social media, and reviews)
- Online brochures and lookbooks
- Branding assets (logos, fonts, etc.)
2. Affiliate Marketing Plugins;
WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugins have various elements you’ll use in order to make more money. And in general, the WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugins allow an easy-to-use WordPress Platform for affiliate recruitment, management, and tracking.
After all, these Affiliate Plugins can be used on any WordPress blog or site. Moreover, these plugins let you run your own affiliate campaign/program and allows you to reward (pay commission) your affiliates for referring sales.
Learn More: WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugins Beginners Guide
Notably, the admin can configure banners, links, and creatives. And which the affiliates can use on their site to drive traffic to your site. All the clicks, leads, sales, etc are tracked by this plugin.
The internet offers unique benefits other marketing mediums can’t offer. Including, the scope of reach, the option to personalize content, and the opportunity to build far-reaching relationships with customers, being just a few.
Below are more preferred online digital marketing methods;
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The process of optimizing your website to ‘rank’ higher in search engine results pages, therefore increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic that your website receives.
- Content Marketing: The creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, or customers.
- Inbound Marketing: Inbound marketing refers to the ‘full-funnel approach to attracting, converting, closing, and delighting customers using online content.
- Social Media Marketing: The practice of promoting your brand and your content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business.
- Affiliate Marketing: A type of performance-based advertising where you receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website.
- Native Display Advertising: Native advertising refers to advertisements that are primarily content-led and featured on a platform alongside other, non-paid content. BuzzFeed sponsored posts are a good example, but many people also consider social media advertising to be ‘native’ — for example, Facebook advertising and Instagram advertising.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): A method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. One of the most common types of PPC is Google AdWords.
- Marketing Automation: Marketing automation refers to the software that exists with the goal of automating marketing actions. Many marketing departments have to automate repetitive tasks such as emails, social media, and other website actions.
- Email Marketing: Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is often used to promote content, discounts, and events, as well as to direct people towards the business’ website.
- Online PR & Analytics: Online PR is the practice of securing earned online coverage with digital publications, blogs, and other content-based websites. It’s much like traditional PR but in the online space.
How is Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing different?
On the surface, the three seem similar. In the first place, they all occur primarily online and focuses on creating digital content for people to consume. So what’s the difference?
The term ‘online digital marketing doesn’t differentiate between push and pull marketing tactics. Or what we might now refer to as ‘inbound’ and ‘outbound’ methods. But, both can still fall under the umbrella of online digital marketing. How do you do that?
Related Post: Outbound Marketing | Everything Marketers Should Know
You attract prospects and customers to your website and blog through relevant and helpful content. Once they arrive, you engage with them using conversational tools like email and chat and by promising continued value.
Finally, you delight them by continuing to act as an empathetic advisor and expert.
As a matter of fact, online digital marketing is simply an umbrella term to describe all-inclusive internet marketing tactics of any kind. And regardless of whether they’re considered inbound marketing or outbound marketing.
Below is a more elaborate difference between outbound and inbound marketing;
1. Digital Outbound Marketing
Digital outbound tactics aim to put a marketing message directly in front of as many people as possible in the online space.
Also, regardless of whether it’s relevant or welcomed. For example, the garish banner ads you see at the top of many websites try to push a product or promotion onto people who aren’t necessarily ready to receive it.
2. Digital Inbound Marketing
On the other hand, marketers who employ digital inbound tactics use online content to attract their target customers. Especially onto their websites by providing assets that are helpful to them. One of the simplest yet most powerful inbound digital marketing assets is a blog.
This allows your website to capitalize on the terms which your ideal customers are searching for. Ultimately, inbound marketing is a methodology that uses digital marketing assets to attract, convert, close, and delight customers online.
Read More: Marketing Leads | How Do You Generate Conversions
Generally speaking, inbound marketing is about creating valuable experiences that have a positive impact on people and your business. Widespread adoption of the Internet for business and personal use has generated many new channels. Especially those used for advertising and marketing engagement, including those mentioned above.
There are also many benefits and challenges inherent in online marketing, which uses primarily digital mediums to attract, engage, and convert virtual visitors to customers. Online marketing differs from traditional marketing, which has historically included mediums like print, billboards, television, and radio advertisements.
What are Examples of Online Digital Marketing?
Before online marketing channels emerged, the cost to market products or services was often prohibitively expensive, and traditionally difficult to measure. Think of national television ad campaigns, which are measured through consumer focus groups to determine levels of brand awareness.
These methods are also not well-suited to controlled experimentation. Today, anyone with an online business (as well as most offline businesses) can participate in online marketing. By creating a website and building customer acquisition campaigns at little to no cost.
Those marketing products and services also have the ability to experiment with optimization to fine-tune their campaigns’ efficiency and ROI.
Some examples of online marketing campaigns include:
- Canon advertises for search keywords related to “photography” on Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines to market their cameras to a relevant audience.
- Whole Foods collects email addresses on their website to advertise new products, sales, and events in their stores.
- Dove creates video advertisements and shares them with their audience on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks to promote favorable conversations about their brand and products.
Although online marketing creates many opportunities for businesses to grow their presence via the Internet and build their audiences, there are also inherent challenges with these methods of marketing.
In reality, marketing can become impersonal, due to the virtual nature of the message and content delivery to the desired audience. Marketers must inform their strategy for online marketing with a strong understanding of their customer’s needs and preferences.
Techniques like surveys, user testing, and in-person conversations can be used for this purpose. Online digital marketing is undergoing crowd siege and is highly competitive.
Although the opportunities to provide goods and services in both local and far-reaching markets are empowering, the competition can be significant. Companies investing in online marketing may find visitors’ attention is difficult to capture.
Related Topic: Top 10 Types of Digital Marketing to Promote a Business Online
Due to, either the number of businesses also marketing their products or services online. Marketers must, therefore, develop a balance of building a unique value proposition. And also, a profound brand voice as they test and build marketing campaigns on various channels.
Finally, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading and have understood some of the main Online Digital Marketing & Lead Generation Tactics.
But, if you’ll have additional contributions, suggestions, or even questions, please feel free to Contact Us. By the same token, you can share your thoughts with other readers in the comments box below this article.