With Toggl Plan, you can now plan your projects with ease while keeping teams on track and kicking stress to the curb. Use Plan View to manage projects efficiently and never miss a deadline and deliver projects on time.
Since it allows you to plan projects with ease and simplicity, you get a clear overview of what needs to be done. “With Toggl Plan you can color code: whether it’s urgent, client color-coded, or coded to an individual project type, there’s lots of fluidity in that” – Says Jim Walton, Designer at Ascend Studio.
Simple task scheduling and planning: Toggl Plan lets you keep important information all in one place, always accessible to stakeholders.
Whether you’re planning for next week or your next big project, you’ll have a clear visual overview of what needs to be done when.
Add checklists and memos, upload files, set milestones, and assign tasks to multiple people to make collaboration quick and easy.
- Connect to your favorite apps
- Add comments directly in-task to improve communication
- React to change quicker with the simple drag-and-drop interface
- Easily share your timeline, plans, and tasks with your team
What is Toggl Plan?
Toggl Plan is a free team collaboration tool used by teams all around the world, including companies like Spotify, National Geographic, Sony, Microsoft, and more. So, get your team on board and make sure everyone is in the loop. Make plans and implement them, all with the help of a visual team collaboration tool.
It’s a fully remote company with headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia. Bootstrapped and started as a side-product for internal use for the time tracking tool Toggl, they’ve been an independent company since 2017.
As a fully remote team, they aim to bring innovation and transparency to the ever-changing modern workplace. By bringing unique perspectives, shaped by our life experiences and the places we all come from and live in.
They strive to be adaptable, efficient, and kind, both in their work and towards you, the users. And at the same time, they value transparency and their people are independent, skilled, and highly motivated.
Who uses Toggl Plan?
- Project managers who need a lean, easy-to-use software to keep tabs on how their projects are progressing and who in their team is doing what and when. The absence of complicated features such as dependencies keeps Toggl Plan lightweight and easy to adopt for the whole team.
- CEO’s who need a simple overview of who is working on what, what projects are at hand and what the near future brings.
- Creative agencies and design studios that need a scheduling software that gives a simple and beautiful visual overview of all assigned tasks, so that the employees know what they need to work on next.
- Agencies that need a project planning tool to simplify client communication. Sharing project plans with a client allow every interested party to stay informed and keep each other updated about project developments.
- Large companies that require a simple scheduling tool to communicate with outside partners. Internal tools are sometimes too revealing or will not allow the flexibility that Toggl Plan offers
Take a look at their case studies to learn more about how to use Toggl Plan.
What can I do with Toggl Plan?
- Get a visual overview at a glance: Color coding is something Toggl Plan excels in. When you make sure all plans are following a different color, you can easily see who’s working on what and in which states your projects are in.
- Plan your projects: From the outline to specific deadlines and detailed task descriptions. First break your projects down to segments, then to tasks, and add checklists to each smaller task. Guide your projects to a finish and provide as much detail about each task as you need.
- Know who’s doing what and when: Plan your team’s time and make sure everyone can stay on top of things. Team timelines allow you to better understand who’s overwhelmed, who could take more on — and reassign or change your plans accordingly.
- See behind the curve: Planning ahead lets you foresee what’s on your timeline during the upcoming days, weeks, and months. That way, you can anticipate when things get tight and you need to get additional people on board — or when you need to plan smarter.
- Create and change plans fast: You can create a visual outline of a project in minutes by simply clicking and dragging on a timeline. If someone falls ill or simply has too much work to do, you can easily reschedule everything by simply dragging and dropping.
- Share your plans with clients and Manage tasks on a kanban by using the board. Add tasks and move them along the pipeline as things progress.
- Make info accessible to everyone: Add all task-related checklists to break down a task and upload files, be it project briefs or specifications, feedback sheets, or initial drafts, to any task.
- Keep your eye on the progress: With checklist progress visible on any task and task statuses being updated from “In progress” to “Done”, you can stay on top of all things that are either ready to hand over to your client — or need some additional help to get unstuck.
Why is it different?
- Easy to use: Compared to other project planning and scheduling tools, it offers a lightweight and minimal feature set.
- Gives a perfect visual overview: And we’ve no shame in tooting our own horn. It really excels in visual communication especially when projects are color-coded. That’s why you need a second to understand what your team is dealing with. And what’s entering the pipeline next.
- Setting up a plan takes minutes: And it can be edited in minutes. The only thing you really need to know how to do is clicking and dragging.
That’s why outlining a project is easy and fast, as is rescheduling. Making room for the quick job your client really, really needs to get done. Just drop the planned tasks somewhere else on the timeline.
Finally, I hope the above profile review will be helpful to you and the marketing team.
But, if you’ll need more support or help using this or more application platforms listed on our blog, please feel free to Contact Us. You can also share your additional thoughts and more suggestions in the comments section.