Congratulations on choosing to take your marketing and website to the next level with ExactMetrics! Whereby, with ExactMetrics, you get a best-in-class Google Analytics setup for your WordPress website.
This means that your choice to take action on your stats to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and visitor experience for your blog. As well as, your eCommerce site, business website, or Membership site will pay off for years to come.
Therefore, commit to taking action, check your stats often, and be flexible. Also, be responsive to the metrics and valuable data ExactMetrics is providing about your visitors to your site.
Don’t be hesitant to make changes, quickly adjust course, learn from your mistakes, and create the best content you can. Bearing in mind, now that you’re getting set up with ExactMetric, it’s going to be an awesome ride.
So, Download Google Analytics Dashboard for WP by ExactMetrics (formerly GADWP) or put the pedal to the metal and let’s get started on how to install it!
What is ExactMetrics?
Basically, the ExactMetrics was formerly known as the Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (GADWP Plugin). Whereas, the ExactMetrics Google Analytics for WordPress plugin helps you properly set up all the powerful Google Analytics tracking features without writing any code or hiring code developers.
More importantly, over 1 million users love ExactMetrics because of their signature Google Analytics Dashboard. After all, that helps you view key Google Analytics stats right inside your WordPress Dashboard Screen.
The main goal at ExactMetrics is to help you grow your business faster with data-driven decisions.
And not forgetting, this is why they built the most comprehensive Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. So that you can set up all the powerful tracking features that website owners otherwise miss out on. In particular, when simply pasting the analytics code in WordPress.
They go beyond the simple analytics script and add the advanced event tracking. In that case, so that you can see all important user behavior in WordPress. With just a few clicks (without hiring a developer).
Basically, getting started with ExactMetrics is simple and easy. They made the same advanced Google analytics setup that big enterprise companies used to pay thousands of dollars for. Not to mention, available to every small business owner without the high costs.
This is why even large companies like jmexclusives, Microsoft, Quickbooks, Pizza Hut, Delta, Pepsi, Coldwell Bankers, and many others are using ExactMetrics. To properly set up Google Analytics and see the custom analytics reports in WordPress.
Here is How to quickly get your Google Analytics Property for your website setup.
- Login to your Google Analytics Account (if you already have one): https://analytics.google.com/ so you can confirm which email you’ve created your Google Analytics Profile for your site under.
- But, if you don’t have a Google Analytics property for your website setup yet, then create one: how to add a property in google analytics.
- Then again, if you don’t have a Google Analytics account setup at all, then you’ll need to have completed that first.
- Equally important, if you don’t remember if you have a Google Analytics profile setup for this site yet, then you’re going to want to login with every email you have access to at Google Analytics. Particularly, to try to find access to this profile.
- Lastly, if you’re unable to find access to the profile, then you’ll need to make a new one which means that you’ll be starting from scratch with the stats.
How do I Get Started with ExactMetrics?
You can start by getting your Google Analytics account connected to ExactMetrics. And since every page on your WordPress website is set up with advanced Google Analytics tracking in just a few clicks.
- Install ExactMetrics: Installing a plugin.
- Connect ExactMetrics to Google Analytics: How to Connect ExactMetrics to Google Analytics.
How to Enable Demographics and Interest Reports:
- First, learn How to Enable Remarketing Demographics and Interest Reports in ExactMetrics.
- Secondly, How to Enable Demographics and Interests Reports in Google Analytics.
Always remember, understanding your market and website visitors is the most important thing you can do. Especially, from a business perspective for your eCommerce store.
Now, it’s not a problem, because ExactMetrics Ecommerce Tracking gives you all the data you need on your visitor behavior. And for the best eCommerce plugin for WordPress.
Whether you’ve got a WooCommerce shop, a LifterLMS training site, and a MemberPress membership site. Or Easy Digital Downloads store, they’ve got your website analytics covered.
In a few clicks, you’ll have integrated Google Analytics eCommerce tracking with your WordPress store, no coding required.
- Activate The ExactMetrics eCommerce Addon: how to get started with the eCommerce addon.
- Enable enhanced eCommerce Tracking in Google Analytics: enable eCommerce-tracking.
For Membership Sites, Forums, and more!
As for user tracking for membership sites, LMS/Learning Academy style sites or WordPress-based forums and social networks you need User ID tracking.
Simply, because you can see the behavior of individual users on your membership site. Track logged-in users vs non-logged in users with custom dimensions.
- First Step: Setup User-ID Tracking – how to set up User Tracking in WordPress.
- Second Step: Setup the Logged-in and User-ID Custom Dimension – how to set up custom dimensions.
Advanced Marketing Setups
As for the Advanced Marketing Setups, there is an inclusion of Conversion Tracking and Remarketing Pixels.
Have you’ve noticed after you’ve visited a website, the ads can “follow you” around the web? Then you know the importance of “retargeting” or “remarketing.”
It can take up to 5-7 interactions with your brand. Before your potential customer becomes more familiar and comfortable with your business before they’re willing to make a purchase.
This advanced marketing tactic can really take your online store to the next level when done right.
- Learn How to install the Facebook Remarketing Pixel
- Read How to Setup Google Analytics for Adwords Conversion Tracking
For sure, the ExactMetrics forms tracking allows you to understand the conversion rates of your forms on your site. Best of all, you get an overview right of those forms results right in WordPress.
And in addition, if you need more granular tracking of the stats, their advanced users can navigate to Google Analytics. And really dig into the advanced details. Without forms tracking, you only know how many submissions you have.
At the same time, with forms tracking, you can see exactly the percentage of users that filled out the form. And in Google Analytics, the very advanced data is going to be associated with that data as well. Like lead source, visitor country, city, User ID, and visitor technology.
- Enable Forms Tracking: getting started with the forms addon.
- If you don’t have good forms plugin yet, I recommend their own WPForms.
On the other hand, easily set up custom dimensions in Google Analytics for your WordPress site. Notably, they’ve got the following custom dimensions available:
- Author custom dimension tracking: for multi-author blogs that want to track the success of individual authors.
- Logged-in Tracking: This custom dimension allows you to track whether your website visitors are logged in to your site or not.
- User Id Tracking: You can track each individual logged-in user’s activity by setting the User-ID as a custom dimension. This is ideal for eCommerce and membership sites.
- Custom Post Type Tracking: If you have several custom post types in your WordPress site, you can track the performance of each post type with custom dimensions.
- Category custom dimension: Tracking the performance of different categories of your site is another great strategy to identify what works best.
- Published At custom dimension: You can track the performance of your posts based on when it was published on your site.
- Tags Tracking: Tags give you more detailed metrics into what specific topics work best on your site.
- SEO Score custom dimension: If you’re using the Yoast plugin for SEO, you can analyze the SEO score of your posts and pages in Google Analytics.
- Focus Keyword custom dimension: If you’re using the Yoast plugin for SEO, you can analyze the Focus Keywords of your posts and pages in Google Analytics.
- Introduction to Custom Dimensions: the beginner’s guide to custom dimensions in Google Analytics.
- How to set up custom dimensions
NB: Please remember that, if you’re getting an error, be sure you’ve Completed steps 3 + 4. Especially, when viewing the custom dimensions report,
By all means, ExactMetrics can show you where you’re ranking for traffic and where you’re getting your leads from. Additionally, they’ll even show you how to set up Google Search Console and connect it with Google Analytics.
- Setup Google Search Console: how to verify a site on Google Search Console with Google Analytics.
- Connect Google Search Console to Google Analytics how to connect Google Search Console to Google Analytics.
Remember: Make sure your URL settings are the same in Search Console and Google Analytics else you’ll get an error. Here is How to fix: API returned a 403 response error message user does not have sufficient permissions for this profile.
AMP is a library that provides a simple way to create web pages that are compelling, smooth, and load near instantaneously for visitors.
For your information, AMP pages are just faster versions of your pages that you can link to and are controlled by you. The AMP project is an effort to speed up and improve the user experience for visitors on mobile devices and slower internet connections.
If you’re on WordPress, setting up AMP with a plugin is quick and easy. This can help improve your Google Analytics search results by being more mobile-friendly with AMP. Then, make sure your AMP pages are tracking effectively with the ExactMetrics AMP Addon.
- Install the AMP Addon by ExactMetrics: how to get started with the Google AMP addon.
Remember: the Google AMP Plugin by Automattic is required for the ExactMetrics Addon to work: you can download it here: download the Google AMP plugin by Automattic.
ExactMetrics provides a 1-click-addon to provide with common EU business requirements.
- GDPR and ExactMetrics: GDPR and ExactMetrics everything you need to know.
- Getting Started with the EU Compliance Addon: getting started with the EU Compliance Addon.
- Troubleshooting a drop in stats with EU Compliance: drop in traffic numbers EU compliance.
Remember: companies using analytics have 126% profit improvement over their competitors.
See the latest updates in advanced analytics training for your website that gets you results. However, if you have any questions in your setup be sure to navigate to the ExactMetrics documentation and do a quick search on that page can get you to your answer quickly.
Finally, I hope the above-revised guide on ExactMetrics was helpful enough to you as a pro or even beginner webmaster.
But, if you’ll have more questions, suggestions, requests or even contributions to this or even more of our blog topics, please Contact Us.
You can also share your thoughts in the comments box below. As you also read more about Google Analytics Annotations | Step-by-step Guidelines.