Looking for the simplest way to Download Google Chrome (standalone offline installer files) for your desktop or even laptop? Well, consider the following steps-by-step user-based review guide to best understand how you can achieve that.
Eventually, Google Chrome is one of the first things most people do download and install on their computers. And also, it’s one of the most popular apps for a reason. However, it’s not a straightforward process. For one thing, if you install Google Chrome as the firm recommends it, you’ll first download what is known as a stub application.
What is Google Chrome Browser?
Basically, the Google Chrome browser is a cross-platform web browser developed by google.com. Whereby, Google released Chrome in 2008 and issues several updates on a yearly basis. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS operating systems.
The browser is also the main component of Chrome OS, where it serves as the platform for web apps. Launched in 2008, Google Chrome is a free open source web browser created by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine.
Notably, the Google Chrome browser takes a sandboxing-based approach to Web security. Each open website runs as its own process, which helps prevent malicious code on one page from affecting others (or the computer operating system at large).
Above all, the browser also supports Web standards such as HTML5 and cascading style sheets (CSS).
What are the Browser Benefits?
Google Chrome is known for its very simplistic and minimalistic design and touted as the fastest browser out there. In addition, it is currently the most widely used web browser with a worldwide usage of approximately 33%.
Then again, in 2010, Google launched the Chrome Web Store. An online marketplace where users can buy and install Web-based applications to run inside the browser. These apps are available as either browser extensions or links to websites.
Surprisingly, Google-based the look of Chrome OS, its operating system for Web-based applications, on the Chrome Web browser.
And for your information, Chrome was the first major Web browser to combine the search box and the address bar. A feature that most competitors have since adopted.
Uniquely, it also allows users to sign in with their Google accounts, which enables them to sync bookmarks and open Web pages across multiple devices.
What are the Advantages of using Google Chrome?
- Chrome is an extremely fast web browser; it loads and displays pages very quickly.
- You can drag tabs out into separate windows, without difficulty, and back in again with your mouse.
- Google Chrome has a very basic, simple design, making it easy to use.
- The start-up page lists the most frequent pages you’ve visited and even allows you to click and access them with ease.
- Chrome automatically translates pages into a language you understand for your convenience.
- You can search the internet through your address bar at any time.
- If a site crashes on one of your tabs, other open tabs will not be affected.
You may browse the internet without being logged using Chrome’s new private feature: Incognito.
- Unlike Firefox and Safari, you can alter the color and theme of the browser.
- Chrome is faster than Explorer and Firefox.
- Chrome takes only seconds to install.
What are the Disadvantages of using Google Chrome?
- Chrome uses up a lot of memory (RAM) when running it.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning. (However, you can visit your browser history on the options tab to recover the closed tabs or even use the computer keyboard shortcuts combination (Ctrl + Shift + T) to achieve the same.)
How do I Download Google Chrome Browser?
When you start downloading Google Chrome on your computer, it downloads a very small 1 MB online installer (also known as stub installer or net installer).
Again, when you run the downloaded installer, it again starts downloading the required setup files of Chrome from Google servers as the online installer doesn’t contain all required program files.
How to Download & Install Google Chrome
- Download the installation file.
- If prompted, click Run or Save.
- If you chose Save, double-click the download to start installing.
- Start Chrome:
- Windows 7: A Chrome window opens once everything is done.
- Windows 8 & 8.1: A welcome dialog appears. Click Next to select your default browser.
- Windows 10: A Chrome window opens after everything is done. You can make Chrome your default browser.
If you’ve used a different browser, like Internet Explorer or Safari, you can import your settings into Chrome.
In addition, if you can’t download apps outside of the Microsoft store, your computer may be in S Mode.
Below are more additional links on how to Download Google Chrome on other devices. Whereas, you can download google chrome for;
What are the Browser Installation Requirements?
In general, as a rule, your computer should meet the minimum system requirements before you download, install, and use Chrome Browser.
Although, it’s still possible that Chrome may install on other platforms or versions not listed here. However, Google enterprise-level support is limited to systems that meet the minimum requirements.
Google does not provide support if you install Chrome on any system that does not meet the specified criteria. That being said,before you download google chrome for your computer, there are several requirements you need to have met. For example;
To use Chrome on Windows, you’ll need:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
To use Chrome on Mac, you’ll need:
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
To use Chrome on Linux, you’ll need:
- 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
Always remember, if you’d want to download Chrome on one computer and use the same file on multiple other PCs to save bandwidth, you wouldn’t be able to.
Simply, because Google Chrome insists on re-downloading itself every time.
But, there is an easier route for that which I will provide you with below. And so to say, that’s where the Google Chrome Standalone Installer comes in.
How do I Download Google Chrome Standalone Installer?
As I mentioned earlier, Google Chrome is a free Internet browser that allows you to view and interact with websites and content on your computer. But, the standard Chrome installation requires your computer to have an Internet connection during installation.
However, if you are having issues with the normal Chrome installer, or if you want to install Chrome on a computer without a network connection, you can download and use the stand-alone alternate offline chrome installer.
That it’s not immediately obvious where to get it via the regular Chrome download link. Whereby, you’ll need to find it in the metaphorical file cabinet behind a sign that says beware of the leopard.
With this in mind, however, if you go to this link (Chrome Offline Standalone Installer) you’ll be able to download the Offline Chrome Installer and associated files at once. It’ll be about 50 MB-ish in terms of size and needs no further downloads to get it up and running.
How do I Fix problems on Google Chrome?
Like most web browsers, Google Chrome is subject to the occasional bug, but there is almost always a simple solution.
Both Google and the Chrome community provide guidance and ways to address problems with Google Chrome. Bearing in mind, there are lots of reasons why Chrome may not be working for you—some more complicated than others.
More often than not, the exact problem is not obvious until the corresponding fix has been tried. In that case, to quickly troubleshoot your browser problems, you’ll need to;
- Try uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it to fix problems with your search engine, Flash, pop-ups, or Chrome updates.
- Fix problems installing Google Chrome
- Fix “Aw, Snap!” page crashes and other page loading errors
In addition to that, here are nine of the most common problems and their solutions.
Other Direct Links to Download Google Chrome
Some readers were having trouble while manually downloading Google Chrome offline installers.
For your convenience, I am also providing direct download links to download full offline installers of the latest version of the Google Chrome web browser.
Just click on the following direct download links and it’ll start downloading Chrome offline installers:
- Direct Download Link of Google Chrome 77.0 Offline Installer (64-bit) (55.36 MB)
- Direct Download Link of Google Chrome 77.0 Offline Installer (32-bit) (54.76 MB)
That the download links given in this article will always download offline installers for the latest version of Google Chrome.
Therefore, I’ll keep updating the above mentioned direct download links whenever a new version of the Google Chrome browser is released.
Here are more useful and related topic links;
- Turn sync on or off in Chrome
- Update Google Chrome
- Uninstall Google Chrome
- How do I create a Gmail signature?