In this article, you are going to learn about the content types that a UGC creator can help you to design. Bear in mind, user-generated content is authentic and nowadays with the era of smart consumers, they are not attracted easily. Consumers need content they can resonate with and invest their time, money, and effort in brands that offer them transparency.
Technically, User-Generated Content (UGC) is a robust tool for brands and can transform their entire reputation. By definition, UGC is any content — text, videos, images, reviews, and the like — created by people, rather than brands. It singlehandedly holds the potential to drive sales, improve conversion rates, and help with customer acquisition and retention.
Therefore, this calls for people who create UGC content for brands. While brands can collaborate with other Digital Online Web Experts and internet content influencers, UGC Content Creators are more authentic and easily accessible to work with. Got some cool new clothes that you’re ready to show off to the world? Chances are you’ll snap its picture first, right?
And then, thereafter, post it on your social profiles. Or maybe you’ve received a fancy new product, and you post an unboxing video to your YouTube channel? Whether you know it or not, both of these examples are user-generated content (UGC). Now that this topic seems interesting! Not clued in just yet? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, let’s learn more…
How To Get Started As A UGC Creator
In simple terms, User-Generated Content (also known as UGC or Consumer-Generated Content) is original, brand-specific content created by customers and published on social media or other channels. UGC comes in many forms, including images, videos, reviews, a testimonial, or even a podcast. UGC is used across all stages of the buyer’s journey.
Specifically, in order to help influence engagement and increase the chances of potential leads conversions. The customer-centric content can be used on social media and other channels, such as email, landing pages, or checkout pages. These among other marketing elements are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy from a UGC creator. So, who is a UGC creator?
Well, to enumerate, a UGC Creator is someone who creates sponsored content that appears authentic but is designed to showcase a specific business or product. Be that as it may, the most common format for User Generated Content (UGC) creators is video, especially, on major Social Media Platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
Starting as a UGC (user-generated content) creator can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
Here are a few steps you can follow to get started:
- Choose a topic or niche that you are passionate about and that you have expertise. This will make it easier for you to come up with ideas for content and to create content that is interesting and engaging for your audience.
- Determine the format of your content. Will you create videos, write articles, make podcasts, or use some other format? Choose a format that you are comfortable with and that will be most effective at communicating your message.
- Create a content calendar. Plan out the topics you will cover and the frequency with which you will create and publish content. Consistency is important for building an audience and engagement.
- Choose platforms to publish your content. There are many platforms available for UGC creators, such as YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and blogs. Choose platforms that are relevant to your niche and that have the right audience for your content.
- Promote your content. Share your content on social media and other relevant online communities to get it in front of as many people as possible. Collaborating with other creators and participating in relevant online groups can also help to increase the visibility of your content.
- Engage with your audience. Respond to comments and messages, and ask for feedback to help you improve and grow as a creator. Building a community of loyal followers can be an important part of the UGC creator journey.
Moving on, user-generated content is this season’s must-have strategy for social media marketers, and it comes in many styles and formats to help you find the right fit for your brand.
The Content Types That A UGC Creator Can Help You Design
Nowadays, brands have to fight to be seen online, and competition is fierce for audience attention. As a result, buyers are more selective about the brands they interact with and purchase from, especially the notoriously fickle Gen-Z. And it’s not just consumers who are passionate about authentic content.
As per a recent research study, 60% of marketers agree that authenticity and quality are equally important elements of successful content. And there’s no other content type that’s more authentic than UGC from your customers. However, don’t be tempted to fake your user-generated posts or campaign. Audiences will quickly sniff out the false sentiment.
Eventually, which could seriously damage your brand reputation. Instead, always ensure that your UGC comes from one of three cohorts: your customers, brand loyalists, or employees. Ultimately, most people trust other people, so it’s essential to think of UGC as modern-day word of mouth.
Generally, no matter their size, a majority of brands use user-generated content to drive awareness, increase conversions and social engagement, expand their reach, and cost-effectively grow their business. For example, video equipment company GoPro uses UGC to sustain its YouTube channel, with its top three videos all originally filmed by customers.
As of December 2021, those three videos have racked up over 400 million views combined. Not bad for content that cost GoPro nothing to produce, right? In fact, through UGC, the company got so big, they now run its own awards show and promote daily photo challenges to inspire its consumers to get creative. So, UGC creators can make a wide range of content.
UGC creators can create videos on a variety of topics, such as tutorials, vlogs, reviews, and more.
UGC creators can write articles on topics that they are knowledgeable about and that are of interest to their audience.
UGC creators can create podcasts on topics that they are passionate about and that they have expertise in.
UGC creators can create and share photos on platforms like Instagram, showcasing their interests, hobbies, or personal experiences.
UGC creators can create and share graphics, such as memes, infographics, and more, on platforms like Instagram and Pinterest.
UGC creators can create and share music on platforms like SoundCloud and Spotify.
UGC creators can create and share games on platforms like Steam and itch.io.
UGC creators can create and share apps on app stores like Google Play and the Apple App Store.
UGC creators can create and share online courses on platforms like Udemy and Coursera.
UGC creators can write and publish e-books on platforms like Amazon Kindle and Google Play Books.
This is just a small sample of the types of content that UGC creators can make. The possibilities are endless!
Is This A Sustainable Career?
It is possible for UGC (user-generated content) creation to be a sustainable career for some people. However, it’s important to keep in mind that like any career, the sustainability of UGC creation can vary widely depending on a number of factors. It’s, important to realize, that there are some things that can impact the sustainability of a UGC creator’s career.
Some of them are as follows:
- The demand for their content: UGC creators who create content that is in high demand and that resonates with their audience are more likely to be able to sustain their career over the long term.
- The quality of their content: UGC creators who create high-quality content that provides value to their audience are more likely to be able to sustain their careers.
- The size and engagement of their audience: UGC creators who have a large and engaged audience are more likely to be able to sustain their career, as they will have a built-in audience for their content and may be able to monetize their content through sponsorships, ads, and other income streams.
- The ability to diversify income streams: UGC creators who are able to diversify their income streams, such as through merchandise sales, sponsorships, and consulting, may be able to sustain their careers more effectively.
Overall, the sustainability of a UGC creator’s career will depend on their ability to create high-quality content that resonates with their audience, to grow and engage their audience, and to diversify their income streams.
Realistically, 2.4 times more likely to view UGC as authentic compared to content created by brands. This means, that the time to invest in an authenticity-driven social marketing strategy is now. So with this, you know a lot about UGC creators, here is your chance to get in touch with them and consult them to create high-quality content for your web-based business.
For example, are you looking to increase brand awareness or drive more conversions (or both?) Measure the success of your campaigns using a tool like Hootsuite Analytics or a social listening tool such as Hootsuite Insights to understand brand sentiment and trust. Hootsuite Insights can also show you your user reaction, among other valuable metrics.
On the same note, if you’re serious about scaling UGC, you can also invest in a UGC management platform such as TINT as well. In particular, to help you uncover relevant user-generated content and insights for your content marketing campaigns. But, if you’ll need more support, you can always Consult Us at any time to get more help from our qualified team.
So, are you ready to start displaying authentic user-generated content across your social channels? Well, try to make use of Hootsuite Streams to help manage your campaigns. Suffice it to say, with its advanced Streams, Analytics, Insights, and integrations with TINT and Chute, the possibilities are limitless. Until the next one, thanks for your time, and welcome!