Both WordPress eStore and WP Express Checkout Plugin are some of the most complete solutions to Sell Digital Products from Your WordPress Blog Securely. Do you sell, or want to sell, digital downloads, digital content, products, or services from your WordPress site on Autopilot while maintaining the total SECURITY of your digital asset? Do you hate the thought of paying ongoing fees and commissions to sell via third-party sites?
Are you frustrated with the e-commerce WordPress plugins you’ve looked at? Do you want a plugin with reliable customer service (where your questions get answered and issues get addressed)? Do you hate having to buy many expensive addons after you install a shopping cart? and then pay a yearly fee to upgrade? If yes, then the WordPress eStore plugin may be just what you need!
In a nutshell, the powerful, sleek, and conversion-oriented WordPress shopping cart plugins allow you to sell any type of digital product and service. More so, from your WordPress-powered site securely with complete automation. Your customers will all love the hassle-free checkout experience offered by the WP eStore Plugin.
What Is WP Express Checkout Plugin?
WP Express Checkout Plugin provides you with a shortcode to generate a customizable PayPal payment button. It allows a customer to pay for an item instantly via a popup using PayPal’s Express Checkout API/Gateway. The checkout process is quick and easy. It lets your customers pay later in 4 installments via PayPal.
The full checkout takes place in a payment popup window and the customer never leaves your site. Meaning, it offers you a very ideal way for you to start selling a product or service via PayPal. Powered by WebToffee, this plugin also works with PayPal’s Pay in 4 feature (Buy Now, Pay Later). It lets your customers pay later in 4 installments via PayPal.
Notably, the PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce Plugin lets you integrate PayPal Express checkout/Paypal smart checkout in WooCommerce. It lets you accept payments through PayPal’s secure payment gateway.
With this WooCommerce PayPal Plugin, your customers can use their credit cards, debit cards, PayPal credit (Pay later). Or even PayPal money to make an order from the cart page itself. And with its smart button, you can also allow your customers to make payments too. Whilst, using the preferred payment methods in their country/region auto-detected by PayPal.
WP Express Checkout Plugin Benefits & Features
There are just so many benefits of having PayPal Checkout for your WooCommerce Store. PayPal is one of the faster and secure options for online payments. It has millions of active users globally making it one of the leading payment platforms. First of all, by integrating the PayPal payment gateway with your WooCommerce store, you will be able to increase conversions.
Secondly, you’ll also reduce cart abandonments at a drastic rate in your store. Thus, the PayPal Express Checkout Payment Gateway for WooCommerce is one of the best PayPal plugins available. More so, in order to integrate your WooCommerce store with PayPal. With PayPal Express Checkout or PayPal smart checkout enabled you can ensure a smoother users experience.
And it’s for one thing, and one thing only, as they never have to leave your website for making payments. You’ll also reduce clicks by enabling PayPal Express Checkout in your WooCommerce store. There are other many feature benefits that drive it.
Its Key Free Version Features Include:
- Enable PayPal smart checkout – Auto-detects customer’s country/device
- Show available payment methods to customers (including local payment methods) at checkout[New]
- Smart checkout button customization – customize label, color, shape, layout, size, etc.[New]
- Option to enable PayPal Standard payment gateway
- Accept PayPal Money, PayPal Credit (buy now and pay later), credit cards, and debit cards through PayPal
- Completes orders from cart and checkout page. The premium version supports the product page and mini-cart!
- Customize each user-facing element by various settings options
- Add invoice prefix to identify store order
- Faster checkout by skipping the order review page
In addition, the plugin is also Tested OK with WooCommerce 5.9.0 (WooCommerce 5.9.0 Beta 1) as well. You can check for all its release notes that are in detail. Below are more benefits to consider in terms of the overall WP Express Checkout Plugin features. (Besides, you can view a full list of the main plugin features in detail). Let’s discuss a few of them further:
Accept Payments Easily & Orders Menu
Easily accept credit card payments for a product or service from your site via PayPal Express Checkout. The checkout process is quick and easy. All the transactions are saved in the orders menu of the plugin which you can view at any time from your WordPress dashboard.
Sell Physical Products & Digital Content
Tangible items can be sold from your website. The customer’s address is stored in the orders menu so that you can later ship out the item/s. You’ll also be able to sell digital goods such as videos, ebooks, and PDF files. Your customers can then automatically download the content after a successful purchase.
Shortcodes Display Buttons & Customization
Use shortcodes to display the Buy Now buttons anywhere on your website. Your customer can then checkout by clicking on any of these buttons. You can also customize Payment Buttons too. Such as the style, shape, layout, and color of your PayPal Express ‘Buy Now’ buttons to better fit the aesthetics of your website.
Ability to Accept Donations & Thank You Page
Accept donations from customers for goods, services, or goodwill via the PayPal Express Checkout. Admin can set a minimum donation amount. Users will be sent to a ‘Thank You’ page after a successful purchase. Admins can add extra information to this thank you page.
Pay What You Want & Create Discount Coupons
This feature allows customers to ‘Pay What They Want’ for an item or service that is being offered. This is useful for freelance artists. You can create fixed or percentage-based discount coupons that you can then give to your customers.
Buy Now Pay Later & Create Variable Products
Offer PayPal’s Pay in 4 feature (buy now pay later). Customers can purchase using an installment solution. Create and offer variable products to the customers. These can be variable physical or digital products.
Its Key Premium Version Features Include:
- Add PayPal Express checkout option on product page
- Add PayPal Smart checkout option on individual product page [New]
- Accepts payment using multiple Alternative Payment Method (APM) based on country or device[New]
- Set up mini-cart for faster checkout
- Capture authorized payment later
- Enable partial and full refund of the order amount directly from the order admin page
- Lots of customization options like button style, position, etc.
- Option to enable In-Context checkout, keep customers inside your store during checkout
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions and Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee
- Shortcode support for Paypal Express button
- A payment gateway that allows users to pay with their credit card without leaving the site (Guest checkout)
- Option to set up a specific PayPal locale and set up express checkout cancel page URL
You’ll also get timely compatibility updates and bug fixes from the WP Express Checkout Plugin Premium Version too. Plus, there are also many other additional premium support benefits!
How To Install The WP Express Checkout Plugin
If you’ve decided that the WP Express Checkout Plugin will be the right fit for your website and a business venture, it’s time you know how to start right. For one thing, the simple setups below will help you get started all through from start to finish. From the installation process right through to the key basic setup guidelines and other requirements.
After all, there is not a lot of setups involved with this simple eCommerce plugin for WordPress. So, you can easily configure this plugin quickly, even if you are just a WP beginner. And then, start selling products and services from your WordPress site fast. Unfortunately, PayPal Express Payment for WooCommerce (BASIC) (WebToffee) – Plugin Needs WooCommerce to Work.
Installing and Activating the Plugin
- Firstly, click on the ‘Plugins‘ menu and then on ‘Add New‘.
- Secondly, click on ‘Upload Plugin‘ to get the download of your ZIP file
- NB: The zip file will generally be located in your computer’s downloads folder.
- Thirdly, click on ‘Choose File‘ and locate the zip file for this plugin (wp-express-checkout-zip).
- Next on, click on ‘Activate Plugin‘.
- That’s all for its installation and activation
By now, you have now ‘Installed and Activated‘ the WP Express Checkout Plugin. Whereby, a new menu will appear within your WP dashboard on the left-hand side. After you install and activate Express Checkout it’s ready but some minor settings need to be adjusted if you want the checkout experience to match your branding.
Configuring The WP Express Checkout
Before you go ahead and create your first product or service that you will sell to your customers via the PayPal Payment Gateway, we will need to configure some basic settings.
- Within your WordPress dashboard, click on the WP Express Checkout menu and then on Settings. This will bring you to the main settings page for this plugin.
- Select your Currency Code from the drop-down menu. This will be the currency that you wish for all products to be listed in. You can alter the currency symbol if needed.
- The ‘Thank You Page URL‘ lists the URL of your thank you page. This page can be found and edited from your WordPress pages menu. This page should not be deleted.
- Mark the ‘Live Mode‘ checkbox if you wish to currently run real-life transactions. To run test transactions (sandbox transactions) leave the checkbox unmarked.
- Enter your ‘PayPal Credentials‘: ‘Live Client ID‘, ‘Live Secret Key’, ‘Sandbox Client ID‘ and ‘Sandbox Secret Key‘ into the appropriate fields. Please see the following documentation if you are unsure where and how to obtain your PayPal credentials.
Style & Shipping
- Style the payment button if you wish to by choosing a: ‘Button Type‘, ‘Button Shape‘, ‘Button Layout‘, ‘Button Height‘, ‘Button Width‘ and ‘Button Color‘. An example of your button will be displayed under the ‘button preview’ section.
- From the ‘Shipping and Tax‘ section, you can add a global shipping amount and a global tax percentage.
- Click the ‘Save Changes‘ button. You are now ready to create your first product.
This plugin adds the following shortcode to your site:
Or use the following shortcode to output product details and the express checkout payment button:
[wp_express_checkout id=”123″ template=”1″]
You can also test it on PayPal Sandbox mode before going Live.
How To Locate Live And Sandbox Client IDs
If you are unsure where you can locate your PayPal Credentials which are required pieces of information to use this plugin, please see the instructions below:
- Log into your PayPal developer account and click on the ‘My Apps and Credentials‘ menu.
- Click on the ‘Create App‘ button in the ‘Sandbox‘ tab.
- Give the app a meaningful name so you will remember its intended use and then click the ‘Create App‘ button. You should now be able to see your ‘Sandbox Client ID‘. Copy and paste this ID from your PayPal account into the settings menu of the WP Express Checkout Plugin. You will also need to reveal your ‘Sandbox Secret Key‘ by clicking the ‘reveal’ button and paste this into the setting menu as well.
- You will now need to toggle to the ‘live‘ my apps and credentials tab to complete the same steps to create a ‘Live Client ID‘.
- Once you have your ‘Live Client ID‘ make sure you copy and paste it into the appropriate field in the WP Express Checkout settings menu. You will also need to reveal your ‘Live Secret Key‘ by clicking the ‘reveal’ button and pasting this into the setting menu too.
Once you set it up, the whole process (the buying, payment verification, and the delivery of the product(s) without revealing the real URL of the product) works on auto-pilot.
You can view a simple overview of the WP eStore’s digital delivery operations here. Yes, you can sell physical (tangible) products with this plugin too as long as you don’t need complex shipping options. That’s why thousands of internet marketers use this plugin to sell their products from landing/sales pages.
Go ahead and Download the Checkout Plugin today for free — for your WordPress Express Users Checkout! You can also view and learn more from WP Express Checkout Video Tutorials first, for further understanding. It works similar to its alternative WordPress eStore Plugin too (though it’s being discontinued).
To enumerate, WP eStore is a lightweight shopping cart solution. This lean shopping cart structure ensures that the plugin will not slow down your site. Once you learn how to set it up, the whole process (the buying, payment verification, and the delivery of the product(s) without revealing the real URL of the product) works on auto-pilot. See a full overview of its digital delivery operations.
You can sell physical (tangible) products with this plugin too as long as you don’t need complex shipping options. Not to mention, that’s why thousands of internet marketers use this plugin to sell their products from landing/sales pages.
eStore Download Links:
By all means, to learn more about the installation and setup of this free WooCommerce PayPal plugin, visit the plugin documentation page. Another Related Plugin from WebToffee is the Stripe Payment Gateway For WooCommerce – to Accept Payments via Stripe in your WooCommerce store. Enable Apple Pay, Google Pay, Alipay, or Stripe Checkout.
PayPal’s Buy Now, Pay Later
For sure, I know you too will go ahead and choose WP Express Checkout Plugin as the right fit for your website and a business venture, this documentation will help you get started from the installation process right through to the basic and required setup. When you use the WP Express Checkout Plugin, your customers can checkout using PayPal’s Pay in 4 option.
The Pay in 4 is PayPal’s Buy Now, Pay Later Interest-Free Installments Option. As the seller, you will receive the full amount for the product at the time of the purchase, the customer will pay it off to PayPal over time. Not forgetting, this can highly provide a boost to your product sales as it increases the affordability of your products. It gives your customers a very great opportunity.
Related Topic: WooCommerce | No #1 Best eCommerce Website Builder!
And that’s to pay off an item over four interest-free payments. Rather than the total amount of the product/service upfront. Even though the customer will be paying the item/service off over 4 payments, the total amount, minus the transaction fee is sent to the merchant upfront. Pay in 4 is worthwhile setting up so that your customers have this option when checking out.
But, there are a couple of criteria for you to meet for it to work on your website. Just make sure that you take a look at the requirements for using PayPal’s Pay as written by their developers — that’s if you are in interest. As well as delve into how you can set it up on your own website. So, go ahead and see all the Set-Up Requirements For ‘Pay in 4’ in more details
Technical Summary Notes;
Important to realize, you can also edit files in an upgrade-safe way using overrides. Just copy the template into a directory within your theme named /woocommerce/express-checkout, to begin with. Whilst, keeping the same file structure but removing the /templates/subdirectory as well.
For example, to override the admin order notification, copy: wp-content/plugins/express-checkout-for-woocommerce/templates/woocommerce/express-checkout/cart/cart.php to wp-content/themes/yourtheme/woocommerce/express-checkout/cart/cart.php. Whereby, the copied file will now override the WooCommerce default template file.
- Action Hooks Reference
- Filter Hooks Reference
- How to Test a Transaction
- WordPress e-Commerce Knowledgebase
- WP eStore Plugin Summary
- Full Documentation Guides
Finally, while security maybe your issue of concern, rest easy. For one thing, the WordPress Plugin is audited by a dedicated team of site developers. In that case, working around the clock to identify and patch any and all discovered bugs. So, do you still have more questions and assistance requests? Well, you can Get In Touch with our able team for free today!
Likewise, if you’ll ever incur any glitches in regards to WP Express Checkout Plugin or any other related web tools, please feel free to always Consult Us and let us know how we can sort you out. Whilst, for any additional thoughts, contributions, suggestions, or even more questions, you can share them in our comments section below this guide.
For Web Advertisers | You can Advertise your Brand, Business, or even Products on jmexclusives to reach more lead users. Starting from $75 for Banner Ads, $35 for Permanent Posts, $15 for DF Links, or as Featured Gigs if you make an offer: