The WordPress Social Login is a single sign-on for end users. Using existing login information from a social network provider like Facebook, Twitter, or Google, the user can sign into a third-party website. Instead of creating a new account specifically for that website. By all means, this simplifies registrations and logins for end users. Allowing your visitors to comment, share, login, and register.
More so with many Social Media applications. In addition, it provides different display options with beautiful login button customizations. Of course, which other plugins do not provide. Not forgetting, CSS knowledge is also not needed! User Profile Data, integration with external software like salesforce, box, office 365, etc, and Social Analytics.
This can also capture users’ profile data, with their permission. Automatically, it creates a profile in the miniOrange database and you can download it using a CSV file or a PDF file.
What Is WordPress Social Login?
The WordPress Social Login enables social login, social sharing, and social comments using various social login apps like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Windows Live, Instagram, Amazon, Salesforce, Yahoo, WordPress, etc.
WordPress Social Login is a simple process with the following steps.
- The user enters your application and selects the desired social network provider.
- A login request is sent to the social network provider.
- Once the social network provider confirms the user’s identity, a current user will get access to your application. A new user will be registered as a new user and then logged into the application.
What Are WordPress Social Login Benefits?
Adding the WordPress Social Login Plugin to your applications has several perks.
Whereby according to a Web Hosting Buzz survey, 86 percent of users report being bothered by having to create new accounts on websites. Some of these users would rather leave your site than register, which means that providing Social Login to your apps will increase the number of registrations to your site. The survey also states that 77 percent of respondents say, “Social Login is a good solution that should be in any site.”
Email is verified:
The social network provider is in charge of verifying the user’s email. If the provider shares this information (Twitter does not share the user email address, for example), you will get an actual email address rather than the fake addresses some users typically use to register in web applications. Additionally, the providers will handle the password recovery process.
Access to richer user profiles:
Social network providers can give you additional information about users, such as location, interests, birthday, and more. Using this data, you can target personalized content to the user.
In other words, users do not tend to keep their profiles updated in most applications they use, but they do it in social networks. Therefore, having a Social Login ensure that you have accurate information about your users.
One-click return experience:
Especially, after users register in your application using Social Login, their return experience will be straightforward. For one thing, they will probably be logged into the social network, and just one click will be enough to log in to your application.
Below are some of the Social Login and Social Sharing Powerful features;
1. Social Login
Social Login allows your visitors to choose from their favorite social login apps. In that case, to log in, comment, share, and optionally auto-register with your website or blog.
In general, Social Login includes;
- Windows Live,
- Yahoo &
One-click social login to your WordPress site using social login applications. Like Google, Twitter, Facebook. This means if your user is logged in to Google, the user can comment on any blog or site by simply clicking the
google icon . No username or password is explicitly required! Enable Social Login; no setup of social media application is needed, and you are done.
2. Social Sharing
Allow anyone to easily share your website content using their favorite social sharing applications.
Social Sharing applications include;
- Google+ (now kaput!),
- Print, and even
Customize your social sharing buttons to suit your website’s theme. Social sharing on the homepage includes sharing content or excerpts. See the Screenshots section for visuals on social sharing.
3. Social Comments
Remarkably, allow users to social comment on your website. You are using supported social media commenting apps such as Facebook and Google. Furthermore, Social Comments does not require the users to be registered or logged in on your site to add comments.
4. Easy Integration
Important to realize, that Social Login is the easiest to configure and conveniently allows you to set up and start using the plugin in seconds.
Easy integration with your website with options to add Social login on the login page, registration page and comments section. Add (
miniOrange - Social Login) widget to add social login in the widget area. Add the shortcode [miniorange_social_login] to add social login in other places.
Equally important, add social sharing applications to the home page, posts, content pages, WooCommerce product page, bbPress forums, bbPress topics, bbPress replies and anywhere on your site using widgets.
For Social Sharing, use
miniOrange Sharing - Vertical for floating vertical widget and
miniOrange Sharing - Horizontal . As well as, for the horizontal widget to add social sharing in the widget area.
Add shortcode [miniorange_social_sharing] for horizontal sharing icons. And [miniorange_social_sharing_vertical] for vertical sharing icons.
5. Single sign-on
On one hand, Single Sign-On using Social Login creates a single authentication system. In particular, for multiple web properties allowing users to navigate websites with a single account.
What does the Free WordPress Social Login provide?
- Social Login with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Instagram, Amazon, Windows Live & Salesforce
- NO SETUP required for default social login apps.
- Set up your own social login application with APP ID and APP Secret for Facebook, Twitter.
- Preview is available for Social Login icons
- Icon Customizations – customize shape, theme, space & size of social login icons.
- Profile completion (username, email) – Prompt user for email & username if social login app doesn’t return it. Email is verified with verification code.
- Assign Roles to users – Assign WordPress roles to users logging in with social login application.
Add the Social Login Icons on the login page, registration page, comment form or anywhere on your site using our Social Login widget/ shortcode.
- Sync Social Profile Picture with WordPress.
- Enable Email Notification to admin when a user registers with social login application.
- Enable/disable user registration.
- Customize the Login Redirect URL.
- Customize the Logout Redirect URL.
- Customizable Text For Social Login Icons.
- SHORTCODE is available for social login.
- Support using email and in-plugin support form.
Free Social Sharing & Social Comments Features
In the first place, share with all the available social applications.
For instance, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Reddit, Vkontakte, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Pocket, Digg, Delicious, Odnoklassniki, Email, Print, and Whatsapp
- Icon Customizations – customize shape, theme, space & size of social sharing icons.
- Preview is available for Social Sharing icons
- bbPress display options – Enable Social Sharing on bbPress Forum, Topic and Reply Pages.
- Add Social Comments using Facebook.
- Then, add social sharing icons on the homepage, posts feeds, content pages, WooCommerce product page, etc.
- Add a horizontal social sharing widget.
- Also, add a floating vertical social sharing widget.
- Support using email and in-plugin support form.
Premium Social Login Features
- GDPR compliant Social Login.
- Account Linking – Link social account to WordPress account
- Woocommerce display options – Enable social login icons on the Woocommerce Checkout, Login, Registration pages.
- BuddyPress display options – Enable Social login icons on BuddyPress Registration & Account pages.
- All social login free version features
Therefore, enable your own social login application with APP ID and APP Secret.
Particularly, for Facebook, Google, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Instagram, Amazon, Windows Live, WordPress, Yahoo, Disqus & Salesforce.
Premium Options Include;
- Woocommerce Integration [Premium] – Auto-fill first name, last name and email in billing details of a user logging in with social login application.
- BuddyPress Integration [Premium] – Sync profile picture from social application to BuddyPress avatar. Sync user social profile to BuddyPress custom fields.
- Test Configuration [Premium] – Test configuration of your social login app in the admin panel before making your app live.
- Social Login Opens in a New Window [Premium] – Social Login opens in a new window instead of the same window.
- Domain restriction [Premium] – Option to restrict social login for users with a domain specified in the admin dashboard.
- MailChimp Integration [Premium] – A social login user is added as a subscriber to a mailing list in MailChimp when that user registers using Social Login. First name, last name and email are also captured for that user in the Mailing List.
The option is available to download the CSV file that has a list of emails of all users in WordPress.
- Email Notification to multiple admins [Premium] – Option to send an email notification to multiple admins when a user registers.
- Welcome email to end-users [Premium] – Option to send an email notification to the user when he registers using social login application.
- Customizable Email Notification template [Premium] – customize the content of email sent to admin when a user registers using social login.
- Customizable welcome email template [Premium] – customize the content of the welcome email sent to registering users.
- Extended Profile Data [Premium] – Extended profile data feature requires additional configuration. You need to have your own social media app and permissions from social media providers to collect extended user data.
- Social Analytics Dashboard Access [Premium]
- Customizable Logout Text
- Custom Integration [Premium] – If you have a specific custom requirement in the Social Login Plugin, we can implement and integrate it into the Social Login Plugin for you. This includes all those custom features that come under the scope of Social Login/ Sharing/ Comments. These features are chargeable. Please send us a query through the support forum to get in touch with us about your custom requirements.
How is WordPress Social Plugin better than other plugins available
Support for 10 apps in the free plan:
Social Login with Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vkontakte, Windows Live, Amazon, Salesforce, Yahoo all available in the free plan.
Setup in seconds:
As can be seen, the miniOrange Social Login removes the hassle of creating your own application in all the social media. In any other social login plugin, if you are providing login with a social login application, google, for example, you will need an App ID for which you will need to create an entire application in google.
So, if you want to provide login with 10 different social applications then you need to go and create 10 applications in those social platforms. Using our plugin, Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrange, you do not need to do that. Just by creating one registration with us, you get Social login plus other features.
Beautiful icon customizations for Social Login and Social Sharing are available in our free plan where you can use a range of UI options like shape, size, and theme.
You get to choose from the following shapes – square, circle, rounded and long. You get to choose from the following themes – default, filled background, without background. Additionally, you can customize the curve of the long buttons.
Social Login, Social Sharing plugin has in-plugin support available. Sending us a query is just a button-lick away.
From your WordPress dashboard
Plugins > Add New.
- Search for
Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrange. Find and Install
Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrange.
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- Download Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrange.
- Unzip and upload the
miniorange-login-openiddirectory to your
- Activate Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrange from your Plugins page.
- First, go to
Social Login, Social Sharing by miniOrangefrom the side menu and select your Social Login and Social Sharing apps.
- Secondly, customize Social login and Social sharing buttons/icons.
- Again, add miniOrange Social Login and Social plugin through Display Options.
- For adding widgets, go to
From available widgets, you will find
miniOrange - Social Login,
miniOrange Sharing - Horizontal and
miniOrange Sharing - Vertical widgets.
Chiefly, drag it to the chosen widget area where you want it to appear.
- For adding icons to page, use Shortcodes [miniorange_social_login], [miniorange_social_sharing], [miniorange_social_sharing_vertical]. Further go to Shortcode tab to customize them.
- Finally, now visit your site and you will see login and sharing icons.
By all means, I hope the above-revised guide on WordPress Social Login was helpful. However, if you’ll require more guidance pertaining to this email the development team at [email protected] or Contact Us.
All in all, you can also submit your query from the plugin’s configuration page. And by the same token, you can share your questions, suggestions, additional links, etc. in the comments box below this blog post. Also, for even more information, please consult on the other plugins here: