If you are new to the cPanel-hosted website, then you must have come across the WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin that is powered by the Softaculous Team to be precise. But, if you are still new, or rather, a beginner webmaster, this guide will help you understand what the FileOrganizer Plugin is all about, how it works, why it matters, how you can install it, and the like.
But first, it’s important that you know a little bit about the main creator — Softaculous — in association with this plugin. Well, Softaculous is the leading Auto Installer having 381 great scripts, and 1115 PHP Classes and we are still adding more. It’s widely used in the Web Hosting industry and it has helped millions of users install applications with the click of a button.
Softaculous Auto Installer easily integrates into leading Control Panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, and H-Sphere. It targets open-source software and is available in Free and Premium license versions. On one hand, the free version supports 46 scripts. While the Premium version, on the other hand, has 436 scripts and 1115 PHP Classes.
Typically, Softaculous Applications create tables in a database, install software, adjust permissions, and modify web server configuration files. So, with that in mind, let’s now learn more about how it helps power the WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin — now that it allows you to customize and do many things to your website files right from your WordPress dashboard.
Getting To Know The WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin
To enumerate, WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin is a lightweight and easy-to-use file management plugin for websites. Whereby, it helps you to organize and manage all your WordPress website files under one roof — without any control panel or FTP access. You can access, upload, download, edit, delete, zip, cut, copy, and paste files outside the WordPress root directory.
This is a WordPress plugin that offers complete file management functions. No need for any cPanel and FTP. You can access files inside and outside the WordPress root directory. Admin can Move/Copy files with Drag & Drop. Also includes the multi-file selection. And also you can perform Edit, Delete, upload, delete, download, zip, copy, and multiple file operations.
Bear in mind, according to colorlib, WordPress is a powerful Content Management System (CMS) and a great platform for managing websites and content. But, it’s not always easy to handle the different file types and folders that come along with it. Fortunately, many WordPress file manager plugins can help you keep your files organized and easily accessible.
Collectively, these WordPress Plugins provide an intuitive interface that lets you manage your files, upload and download files, and even backup and restore files, all from within your WordPress dashboard. With the right WordPress file manager plugin, you can streamline your content management process and improve your web-based business functionality.
In this article guide, we will explore the best WordPress file manager plugin (FileOrganizer) on the market for you. Whilst, covering the key features, pros, and cons, and helping you determine the other best-fit alternatives for your website. Keep in mind, whether you are a blogger, a website owner, or a digital marketer, the plugin will greatly come in handy.
What Does The WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin Offer?
Softaculous is a commercial script library that automates the installation of commercial and open-source web applications to a website. Its scripts are executed from the administration area of a website control panel, typically via an interface tool such as cPanel, Plesk, H-Sphere, DirectAdmin, and InterWorx. WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin is one great access tool it offers.
In other words, it provides the facility to upload files in bulk, and you can also upload files in bulk with the help of drag and drop. The WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin will help you manage your files and keep your website running smoothly. Whether you need to manage many files or want to improve your file management workflow, this is just the right plugin for you.
Among its basic features, what our Web Tech Experts like the most about this plugin is its simple and easy-to-use files and directory management options. Whereby, it supports all file operations on a remote server. Such as creating files or directories, uploading, downloading, renaming, copying, and the like. You can just buy the premium plan to enjoy all its features.
In terms of its key features, as you can see from the illustration image above, we can clearly state that The FileOrganizer Plugin is a must-have tool, especially, for beginner webmasters to manage both their WordPress and website files. One thing is for sure, it is a lightweight, reliable, and easy-to-use, WordPress Plugin to manage their WordPress content files and folder!
Some of its key features are as follows:
- Drag & drop: Easy drag-and-drop file transfer for uploading and moving files.
- Built-in editor: FileOrganizer has a built-in editor for editing code and files.
- Archive creation/extraction: Create or extract archives with one click(.zip, .tar)
- File Previews: Supports previews for common file types including PDFs, pictures, videos, audio, and thumbnails.
- Responsive: FileOrganizer is compatible with tablets and smartphones.
- Search: The built-in search feature makes it simple to find your files.
- File View: Offers both icons and list views for easy navigation.
- Image Thumbnails: Display thumbnails for image files.
- Support Shortcuts: Common keyboard shortcuts such as cut, copy, paste, etc. are available.
- Toolbar: Rich Toolbar and context menu are available.
- Directory Size: Calculates the size of the directory.
- File/Directory Info: File or directory information can be retrieved by simply right-clicking a file and choosing Get Info.
What’s more, you can even move the file in the folder with help of drag and drop. Using this feature you can easily move files and folders into another folder without cut-and-paste operations.
How To Install The WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin
- Go To your WordPress dashboard and select -> Plugins
- Click on the -> Add New Button, and then in the Search Box
- Try and look for the ”FileOrganizer Plugin” by the Softaculous Team
- Thereafter, -> Click on the Install button, and then hit the Activate button
In the same fashion, if you are a professional webmaster, you can also consider using the other method. Whereby, all you’ll need is to first download the plugin files and then save them to your local. Then thereafter, you can hover over your WordPress Dashboard > under the ”Plugins” section > click on the ”Upload New Plugin” button, and then follow the above steps.
Overall, this file manager plugin allows you to customize and do many things to your files. It enables you to copy, paste, zip, download, edit, delete, and upload the documents you need. Another new feature is the get info section, where you can get detailed information once you click the file. It has a built-in, integrated development environment and more new features.
Some Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use this plugin? Well, to transfer files using the FileOrganizer Plugin, you can use the upload option from the top bar as well as directly drag and drop files and folders.
- Is there a file size limit when uploading files? Yes, there is a size limit for uploading files using File Organizer and File Organizer also has a setting to set an upload file size limit.
- Can I retrieve the file if I accidentally delete it? Yes, if you have enabled the “Enable Trash” setting from File Organizer setting then you will be able to recover deleted files, otherwise, you will lose permanently deleted files and folders.
Overall, we can say that this is a lightweight and feature-rich file manager plugin for WordPress webmasters and web-based business owners alike. It’s a powerful and easy-to-use tool for WordPress that provides you the ability to edit, delete, upload, rename, copy, paste, download, zip, and other multiple operations. But, there are still other more plugins to consider.
- WordPress File Manager Plugin
- The Advanced File Manager Plugin
- FileBird – WordPress Media Library Folders
- Folders – Unlimited Folders to Organize Media Library Folder, Pages, Posts, File Manager
- WordPress Wicked Folders Plugin
- Frontend File Manager Plugin
That’s it! Now you have the best plugin tools to help you quickly and easily edit your root path directory. Not to mention, with this feature, you can access files inside and outside of your WordPress website. On that note, whether you need to manage many files or want to improve your file management workflow, there is a plugin for you to choose from.
In conclusion, the WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin is a website-based file management tool that helps bloggers, developers, and online entrepreneurs in many ways. From organizing and sorting documents to videos, images, and music, it can help you keep track of the most important file you need on your website. It’s time for you now to go ahead and give it a try.
It’s, important to realize, that together with the WordPress File Manager Plugins mentioned above, these FileOrganizer Plugins are very responsive and easy to use. You can save time by scrolling and looking for the files you had a few days ago. Once you finish sorting your folders and sub-folders, you need a couple of seconds to find the things you are looking for.
In a nutshell, the WordPress FileOrganizer Plugin is an application software toolkit that helps you to manage your file & folder easily. Using this tool, you can upload, delete, copy, move, rename, archive, and extract files with the file in a click. Forget using FTP or cPanel! Use File Organizer to take full control of your WordPress website file management today!