Surprisingly, VaultPress Plugin is now powered by Jetpack for WordPress real-time backup and security scanning. Well, for your information, Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin created by Automattic, the people behind WordPress.com.
Whereby, the Jetpack plugin brings many of the most powerful features available on WordPress.com to self-hosted WordPress sites. And thereby, contributing greatly to the improvement of WordPress-powered blogs and websites. Notably, the ideal way to experience WordPress Security, performance, and site management tools, or rather, the best way to WordPress is within the use of the Jetpack.com features.
For new webmasters, it’s important to realize that if you connect Jetpack with WordPress, you’ll get real-time backups for your website. Eventually, this allows you to save every single site change. While also, its instant downtime alert and one-click restore options get you back online quickly. But, let’s not dwell much on Jetpack with WordPress for now.
Since you can just click on the link above to learn more about it in detail. Forthwith, as I mentioned, Automattic is the people behind so many WordPress CMS Software affiliated tools.
Such addon tools include:
- Tumblr, etc.
With that in mind, you can read and learn more About Automattic and why they are passionate about making the web a better place. For now, let’s try and learn more about what VaultPress is and how it works.
What Is VaultPress?
VaultPress Plugin is a real-time backup and security scanning service for WordPress built-on websites. Particularly, built, designed, developed, and maintained by Automattic. (The same company (Automattic) that operates (and backs up!) millions of sites on WordPress.com).
VaultPress makes it easy to keep an up-to-date backup of your site with both daily and real-time syncing of all your WordPress content. To ensure your site stays safe, VaultPress performs comprehensive security scans daily and makes it easy to review and fix threats.
Technically, it’s really simple to Get Started with this WordPress Plugin. All you need is to download it (get the offline files) and then install and activate it. any backup to your site with just a few clicks.
VaultPress Plugin Key Features
Firstly, VaultPress spam protection is important because it’s brought to you by Automattic. Bearing in mind, it’s one of the most trusted and prominent names in WordPress. Not to mention, dedicated to building some of the most celebrated WordPress products and services.
Secondly, all VaultPress backups are stored in their very own world-class infrastructure. Yes, of course, the same as the one that powers and supports millions of WordPress.com sites.
Because, after all, your site is too important to trust with anybody else. Below are more key features that make it your best choice plugin for security and backup:
- Automated backups are stored in their offsite digital vault in real-time.
- Like magic, watch in real-time as VaultPress syncs your latest changes or scans your site for security threats.
- Thinking about moving your site from an unreliable, expensive, or slow host? Transfer or duplicate it now.
- Additionally, browse your entire history of backups instantly. Allowing you to download your database, uploads, themes, and plugins.
Automated File Repair
- Every day, VaultPress scans your site for potentially dangerous files, as well as any suspicious changes to your WordPress install.
- They’ll email you if they find anything. Above all, fix detected viruses, malware, and other dangerous threats with a single click.
- If anything ever happens to your site, a quick, painless restore will bring it back to its former glory — without contacting your host even once.
- Simply, click a button and begin restoring any backup in just a few minutes using an FTP or SSH connection.
- You can also restore to your current site, or to an alternate test site.
- Their staff of WordPress experts are available to help backup, restore, and fix your site.
- With the VaultPress plugin installed on your site, the Safekeepers have access to a number of tools that help them safeguard your site.
- Automatically detecting and eliminating viruses, malware, and other exploitable security problems that may be lurking on your website.
- VaultPress makes it easy to review suspicious code and fix the most common threats with a simple button click.
- For very dangerous threats, VaultPress will automatically fix your site and notify you of the details.
- Therefore, protect your SEO, readers, and brand reputation by automatically blocking all spammers.
According to VaultPress Plugin Designers, peace of mind comes standard. Especially, with more powerful security features for individuals, professionals, and agencies than ever before.
How the WordPress VaultPress Plugin works
As soon as you download and install the VaultPress plugin, it connects your site to the VaultPress servers immediately. Likewise, WordPress-optimized backups and security scans will run automatically. Provide FTP or SSH information, and VaultPress will automatically restore your content.
The VaultPress plugin uses WordPress hooks to receive real-time alerts when information on your site changes. VaultPress then immediately syncs your changes with our servers to generate a backup for your site. Follow the video guide below:
Any time you update your site, VaultPress is notified and immediately gets to work making sure your changes are replicated and synchronized. VaultPress offers two options for backups, namely, real-time backups and daily backups. Below is a summary of how it works:
- When VaultPress is activated by one of these changes, you can watch the backup live via the status bar in the VaultPress dashboard.
- The status bar describes exactly what’s happening at that moment—whether they’re backing up a comment, a new post, a plugin setting, or something else.
- VaultPress creates a snapshot every hour, combining your recent changes with your past backups.
- This allows you to browse and download a complete backup for an hour in the past.
- Sometimes there are changes to your site that WordPress doesn’t know about—like files uploaded via FTP.
- To ensure a complete backup, VaultPress scans your site once a day to catch up on any changes made outside of your WordPress dashboard.
- Sites Covered by the Premium or Professional plans are scanned daily for known security threats and patterns.
- Additionally, VaultPress also takes proactive measures to fix known threats and will notify you of any serious and potential security threats.
Unfortunately, they don’t provide an option for you to initiate a backup manually if you are using a daily backup option. In either case, you’ll never need to schedule a backup. I believe it should just happen, and you shouldn’t have to remember to have peace of mind.
How a VaultPress Plugin Backup works
By all means, having a secure site isn’t only about backing up your content and defending against malware. It’s also about making sure that your website and its content are up and running at all times. Without any downtimes or unnecessary/avoidable front-end or back-end user errors.
As such, VaultPress has partnered with Akismet, (the industry-leading spam protection service for WordPress), to package its anti-spam tools with the most popular subscriptions. VaultPress will back up your WordPress database, custom post types, plugins, themes, settings, and media library uploads.
In addition, the VaultPress Plugin also backup the following additional files:
NB: As a new or beginner webmaster, there’s a very simple and easy way to Install WordPress using Softaculous through your cPanel Dashboard. Bearing in mind, for every new site, a cPanel is provided by a web host as soon as the domain name is purchased (learn more).
Why Website Protection Is Important
Implementing spam filtering is extremely important for any online-based web organization. Not only does spam filtering help keep garbage out of email inboxes, but it also helps with the quality of life of business emails.
Simply, because they run smoothly and are only used for their desired purpose. Also, since email is commonly used as a way to exploit users and their data, spam filtering has grown in importance and relevance.
Therefore, organizations must utilize one spam filter or the other. In order to reduce the risk of users clicking on something, they shouldn’t. And then, in turn, keeping their internal data shielded from a cyber attack.
By some estimates, about 30 000 to 50 000 websites get hacked every day. The numbers are growing daily and the importance of website security is increasing rapidly. That’s why being secure in the online world becomes more and more important every day.
In short, it’s very important and vital to protect your website and the data it holds now. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself in a very critical situation just by ignoring the key rules of website security for that matter.
Below are more arguable facts that you should know about. More so, as to why you should consider spam protection for your website. While using a tool such as the VaultPress Plugin;
Search Engines — Protect your SEO
In the first place, spam does not discriminate Even the smallest of sites experience spam problems, and attacks can happen anywhere. Important to realize, preventing negative SEO for your site is much easier – and cheaper – than fixing it.
Under all circumstances, a WordPress Plugin such as VaultPress is a very great start. Also, generally speaking, Google and other Search Engines dislike bad links, and most spam comments are full of them.
Your Brand — Your Site’s Integrity
Basically, your Brand and Reputation (personal and business) will suffer if visitors click links to unsavory or dangerous sites left by spammers.
Comment spam makes your site look Unprofessional, and potential readers and customers will take notice. More Traffic, More Spam. The more popular your site becomes, the more often spammers will target it.
If you’re looking for a way to back up a WordPress site for free, then UpdraftPlus is definitely one of the most popular and well-rated options.
Not only does it let you manually take a backup, but it can also automatically backup your website to the cloud on a schedule of your choosing. As well as easily restore a backup with just a few clicks.
Next to VaultPress Plugin, with over 14 million downloads, UpdraftPlus Plugin is the world’s highest-ranking and most trusted scheduled backup plugin. UpdraftPlus is extremely quick and easy to set up.
It works by backing up your website directly into the cloud, to a solution of your choice. These include;
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- Rackspace Cloud
- OpenStack Swift
- Updraft Vault
Related Tool: WordFence Security | WordPress Firewall & Malware Plugin
UpdraftPlus intuitive interface will enable you to schedule automatic backups, backup files, databases, plugins, and themes. And also, restore your backups directly from your WordPress control panel.