Symantec Endpoint Security delivers the most complete, integrated endpoint security platform on the planet. As an on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-based solution, the single-agent Symantec platform protects all your traditional and mobile endpoint devices.
Using artificial intelligence (AI) to optimize security decisions. A unified cloud-based management system that simplifies all your security needs. By protecting, detecting and responding to all the advanced threats targeting your endpoints.
With this in mind, prevent attacks early in the attack chain before a full breach occurs. Only Symantec delivers attack and breach prevention, response and remediation across the attack chain.
- Keep your business running. Compromised endpoints are highly disruptive to business. Innovative attack prevention and attack surface reduction deliver the strongest security across the entire attack life cycle (e.g., stealthy malware, credential theft, fileless, and “living off the land” attacks).
- Prevent the worst-case scenario. Full-blown breaches are CISOs’ worst nightmare. Deliver detection and remediation of persistent threats with sophisticated attack analytics and prevention of AD credential theft.
- Manage smarter. Work less. Intelligent automation and AI-guided policy management enhance administrator productivity; Symantec experts fortify SOC teams to meet customer needs without hiring additional headcount.
- Manage everything in one place Integrated Cyber Defense Manager (ICDm) is a single cloud management console that strengthens overall endpoint security posture.
- Endpoint security delivered your way. With a single agent, protection across traditional and mobile devices, and on-prem, cloud or hybrid management.
What is Symantec Endpoint Protection?
The EPP MQ Report has many new recommendations for required and desirable capabilities in an EPP solution in response to changing market dynamics and customer requirements.
With Advanced Security and Management for All Your Users’ Devices, Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud unifies threat protection and device management. Especially for PC, Mac, mobile devices and servers.
So, you can quickly protect all of your endpoints and stop today’s ransomware, zero-day threats, and other sophisticated attacks.
- Blocks evolving threats on PCs, Macs and Windows Server using advanced multi-layered technologies including machine learning, emulation and behavior analysis.
- Mobile threat defense for iOS and Android devices delivers superior protection against an extensive range of existing and unknown threats.
- Built-in device management enforces device security, data protection on the endpoint, and network access policy control.
Easy to Use Cloud-Based Setup and Management
Endpoint Protection Cloud’s intuitive administration console sets-up in 5 minutes with Symantec recommended security policies already turned on.
- One-step policy configuration enables cross-OS platform policy creation – the policy is created just once, and that policy configuration translates to any device or operating system.
- An automated dashboard alerts you of devices out of security compliance and provides quick remediation of infected devices in 3 clicks.
- Automated agent updates delivered from the cloud service ensures the newest information is downloaded to the devices and is always up to date.
Secure Your Devices without Adding IT Headcount
Combining multi-layered threat protection and device management with intuitive cloud-based management makes Endpoint Protection Cloud the ideal solution.
Particularly, for organizations with limited IT security resources.
- A User self-enrollment portal enables employees to enroll their corporate and personal devices in minutes, reducing demand for IT and supporting end-user convenience.
- Scheduled reporting tracks company-owned and employee-owned devices including hardware and software details for asset management and compliance purposes.
- Flexible monthly or annual subscription options protect users and all of their devices for a flat fee reducing license and budget tracking efforts.
Symantec Becomes NortonLifeLock
Although Symantec has been selling antivirus protection through its Norton Security Software for decades, the market for the product has been drying up.
Demand for PCs has largely been stagnant in recent years, and free antivirus software, including Windows Defender, has emerged as a viable alternative to paid security products, according to the research firm Forrester. Learn more about How Symantec Becomes NortonLifeLock.
Symantec Endpoint Security Complete
By the same fashion, security complete has different products to help you address your endpoint security needs.
For instance, Symantec Endpoint Security provides your organization with Ultimate Security at the Endpoint. It stops endpoint compromise with superior next-gen protection technologies that span the attack chain.
Innovative prevention and proactive attack surface reduction technologies provide the strongest defense against the hardest to detect threats that rely on stealthy malware, credential theft, fileless, and “living off the land” attack methods. Symantec also prevents full-blown breaches before exfiltration can occur.
As a matter of fact, sophisticated attack analytics, automated investigation playbooks, and industry-first lateral movement and credential theft prevention provide precise attack detections. And also, proactive threat hunting to contain the attacker and resolve persistent threats in real-time.
Pre-Attack Surface Reduction
Surprisingly, the Proactive Endpoint Defense is equipped with Pre- Surface Attacks Reduction capabilities. Based on advanced policy controls and technologies continuously scans for vulnerabilities and misconfigurations across applications, Active Directory, and devices.
With attack surface reduction defenses in-place, many attacker tactics and techniques cannot be leveraged on your endpoint estate.
- Vulnerability Remediation enhances your security posture by providing visibility and intelligence into vulnerabilities and their associated risk.
- Breach Assessment continuously probes Active Directory for domain misconfigurations, vulnerabilities, and persistence using attack simulations to identify risks.
- Device Control specifies block or allows policies on different types of devices that attach to client computers, such as USB, infrared, and FireWire devices.
Equally, App Isolation & App Control allows only known good applications to run. Whereby, it shields known-good applications to prevent attackers from exploiting application vulnerabilities, and isolates unknown apps.
Notably, multilayer attack prevention immediately and effectively protects against file-based and fileless attack vectors and methods.
Whereby, machine learning and artificial intelligence use advanced device and cloud-based detection schemes to identify evolving threats across device types, operating systems, and applications.
Eventually, attacks are blocked in real-time to maintain endpoint integrity and avoid negative impacts.
- Malware Prevention combines signature-based methods (file and website reputation analysis and antivirus scanning) and pre-execution detection and blocking of new and evolving threats (advanced machine learning, sandboxing to detect malware hidden in custom packers, and suspicious file behavioral monitoring and blocking).
- Exploit Prevention blocks memory-based zero-day exploits of vulnerabilities in popular software.
- Intensive Protection enables fine-grained tuning of the level of detection and blocking separately to optimize protection and gain enhanced visibility into suspicious files.
Additionally, the Network Connection Security identifies rogue Wi-Fi networks. And also, utilizes hotspot reputation technology and delivers a policy-driven VPN to protect network connections and support compliance.
- Intrusion prevention and the firewall blocks known network and browser-based malware attacks using rules and policies and prevents command and control setup with automated domain IP address blacklisting.
- Deception uses lures and baits – fake files, credentials, network shares, cache entries, and endpoints – to expose, determine attacker intent and tactics, and delay attackers through early visibility.
- Active Directory Security defends the primary attack surface for lateral movement and domain admin credential theft by controlling the attacker’s perception of an organization’s Active Directory resources – from the endpoint – using unlimited obfuscation (fake asset and credential creation). With obfuscation, the attacker gives themselves away while interacting with “fake assets” or attempting the use of domain admin credentials on Active Directory’s perception.
In addition, there is also Auto-managed policies, based on advanced AI and ML. Uniquely, combines indicators of compromise and historical anomalies to continuously adapt endpoint policy thresholds. Or even rules and keep them up to date and aligned with the current risk profile of your organization.
Response and Remediation
Basically, Symantec combines endpoint detection and response (EDR) technologies and unmatched security operations center (SOC) analyst expertise. Giving you the tools necessary to quickly close out endpoint incidents and minimize attack impacts.
In fact, Integrated EDR capabilities, in a single-agent architecture, precisely detect advanced attacks and provide real-time analytics. Enabling you to actively hunt threats and pursue forensic investigations and remediation.
- Targeted Attack Analytics provides precise detections from time tested Targeted Attack Analytics used by Symantec’s 3,000 researchers, based on the global activity of the good and the bad, across all enterprises that comprise our telemetry set. Real-time incidents are generated—with a detailed analysis of the attacker, techniques, impacted machines, and remediation guidance.
- Advanced Threat Hunting tools are provided in Symantec EDR including built-in playbooks that encapsulate the best practices of skilled threat hunters, anomaly detection, process memory analysis, risk-scored recording of endpoint activity, and continually updated endpoint behaviors that detect advanced attack techniques.
- Integrated Response takes direct action on the endpoint to remediate – retrieving files, deleting files, isolating endpoints and blacklisting. Symantec EDR supports automatic submission of identified suspicious files to sandboxing for complete malware analysis including exposing malware that is VM-aware.
- Expert SOC Investigator is a 24×7 forensics investigation and threat hunting service that employs Symantec SOC analysts to actively detect stealthy attacks and expertly examine suspicious activity.
These analysts use Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) coupled with machine learning analytics and Symantec Global Intelligence Network correlation.
Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise
Advanced threat prevention for traditional endpoints and mobile devices.
Continuous innovation adding layers of protection in an elegant single prevention stack to stop an attack. Maximize security performance with a Multilayered Defense.
In general, the most advanced endpoint protection is available for traditional and modern mobile endpoints.
- Beat crippling ransomware and unknown attacks with a combination of signatureless and critical endpoint technologies.
- Maximize protection and minimize false positives with machine learning. Powered by the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, the world’s largest civilian threat database.
- Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in popular applications.
- Fine-tune detection engines on the fly to optimize your security posture.
- Effectively shield endpoints from malicious Wi-Fi networks
Simplify Rollout, Management, and Policy Updates:
Simply put, streamline decision making for more accurate and useful results.
- By all means, simplify endpoint security management with a single cloud console.
- Accurately update policies with fewer misconfigurations, and improve overall security hygiene, with artificial intelligence-guided security management.
- Reduce update fatigue with the minimal footprint of Symantec’s single-agent stack
Attack Your Stack and Kill Complexity
In other words, reduce the complexity and number of vendors in your security stack.
- Get endpoint prevention, anti-malware, deception, and more built into a single solution.
- Maximize endpoint security efficacy and investment by integrating with network security infrastructure.
- Gain automation and orchestration by using open APIs for coordinating with existing IT infrastructure.
Upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Security Complete
Need to add more layers to your endpoint defense? Of course, Yes! Therefore, upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Security, created for your security needs and maturity.
- Expand your defense with attack surface reduction capabilities as well as automated response and remediation.
- Utilize interlocking defenses at the device, the app, and the network level.
- Continue with simplified architecture for deployment and management.
Generally speaking, most people paying attention would expect that the cost of cybercrime has gone up in recent years.
Among the reasons for the growth in the cost of cybercrime include:
- Firstly, cybercriminals are embracing new attack technologies.
- Secondly, many new Internet users come from countries with weak cybersecurity.
- Then again, online crime is becoming easier through cybercrime-as-a-service and other business schemes.
- Finally, cybercriminals are becoming more financially sophisticated, making it easier to monetize their exploits.
Having said that, consider learning more about the Cost of Cybercrime.
Be that as it may, I hope you have gathered enough information in regards to the above-revised topic. Equally important, if you have additional information, contributions or even suggestions, please Contact Us. You can also share some or more of your thoughts in the comments box below this post.
For your information, below are more useful and related topic links;
- Who are Cybercriminals?
- What is a Ransomware Attack?
- Windows Defender Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus & Security
- Download Free Kaspersky Antivirus
Copyrights © 2019 | jmexclusives