What is Photography?
By definition, photography can be an art, a hobby, or just a way of documenting your own life.
For some, photography can also be a career. Professional photographers work in a variety of fields, from advertising to journalism.
You can also work independently, doing portraiture or creating and selling prints for display. On one hand, it’s imperative for a client to hire a professional photographer when a critical event is nearing.
However, many people are daunted by the prospect of hiring a competent photographer. There are numerous fraudulent spammers that claim to be competent photographers.
The photographer to be hired by the client must have undergone some formal training in photography.
The client should endeavor to look for the most experienced photographers since they deliver the highest quality of work.
The client should commence by looking at the equipment that the photographer has before hiring him.
Some Facts About Photography?
Cameras are complicated. I was frustrated with my first DSLR. I just couldn’t capture what I saw through my viewfinder. It took a ton of trial and error.
When I managed to work it all out, I started taking some pretty spectacular images. As beginner photographers, we tend to be visual learners.
In general, Photography is the art, application, and practice of creating durable images.
Especially by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation.
Either electronically by means of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as photographic film.
The jmexclusives Photography Team
1. Fully Equipped
To capture all the important details at the event, it is important for the photographer to have the latest equipment.
And also, having some backup equipment is also critical for the photographer. The significance of the backup equipment is realized when the main one breaks down.
It is advisable for the client to explore looking for referrals of photographers from close friends.
Not so many know that before Joseph Mucira, founder jmexclusives was and still is a Professional Photographer and Audiovisual Director. That is a story for another day.
It is prudent for a client to look for perspectives from websites before making the decision to hire a particular photographer.
2. Photography Portfolio
Looking at the portfolio of the photographer is an important step for the client.
Events that a photographer has covered in the past ought to be considered. For instance, at jmexclusives, having an insurance cover is critical for the photographer who is ultimately hired.
In general, we do offer coverage to those who have fully enrolled and qualified as jmexclusives Photographers.
And also, they must have shown their competency in working with us for a longer period extending 6 months.
The hiring comes after a continued term of scrutiny, prove of work and competency. In particular through signed contracts for the first months.
3. Photography Capacity
As a jmexclusives signed photographer, there are several requirements and procedures.
Above all pledging the capacity and prowess in being a fully approved cameraman or camerawoman.
Comparatively, the professionalism of a photographer can be determined by the presence of an insurance cover.
The client will not be held liable for any eventuality that arises when he has an insurance cover.
The expensive equipment of the photographer might end up being damaged on the day of the event.
It is crucial for the client to determine whether the photographer is a member of any professional organization.
That is why we are so careful about this category of work. It is not possible for unprofessional photographers to be members of such organizations.
3. Photography Precautions and Measures
The sanction of being unprofessional is that a photographer might be expelled from the organization.
Uniquely, the photographer should also be properly certified. By the same token, proper certification shields the client against dealing with a quack.
In light of taking into account, the style of a photographer is quite important for the client.
On one hand, the style that a photographer has can be determined by looking at the pictures that he has taken before.
On the other hand, the client should also determine whether the photographer has an assistant.
In the same fashion, the presence of an assistant will make it possible for the photographer to capture every moment at the event.
4. Meeting the Clients Photography criteria,
Therefore, we have been minding the clients who provide the economic backbone of their projects and invest heavily in their projects.
The jmexclusives Photographers carry with them an evidential book showcasing their previous assignments for our clients from all over the world to look at and decide who their picking is.
Our promoted platforms also gather survey information to consider while rewarding the photographer’s points. In particular, upon a successful project done with a scale of 10 or 100.
The Photographers duties, roles, and Responsibilities in Photography
These are some typical job duties and roles in Photography whose a Photographer has full responsibility to. Such as;
- “Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms”
- “Produce photography in various methods including printed/digital media and deliver the final product to various sources including internal and external customers, media, graphic designers, and corporate communications” In addition to,
- “Take in quality images by photographing the merchandise and/or people in the studio and/or on location”
- “Perform retouching and image adjustments after shoots”
What Soft Skills Do You Need as Our Photographer?
In addition to technical proficiency, a photographer needs certain soft skills, or personal qualities, whether he or she decides to work for someone else or freelance.
- Artistic Ability: Photographers are artists who must have the creativity needed to come up with ways to tell stories using images. They need a good eye for using color, light, and composition.
- Interpersonal Skills: Whether it’s the people you are photographing, your clients, or colleagues, you must be able to understand their needs, read their body language, and coordinate your actions with theirs.
- Communication Skills: Excellent listening and speaking skills will allow you to grasp what others tell you and help you explain things to them.
- Customer Service: Photographers must provide excellent service to their clients because repeat business and positive word-of-mouth are essential to success.
- Business Skills: Those who run businesses must know how to market themselves, tend to bookkeep tasks, and keep track of expenses and profits.
As a matter of fact, if you know you have the skills needed in the photography field, or you know somebody who can do a professional shoot, Please Write to Us.
Whereas you’ll find more contact details listed below this Blog Article. And also, if you are looking for photography services, please do not hesitate to contact us too.
In particular, for more information and details as well as the packages of these services.
However, this category requires no level of education except your capacity, ability, and prowess.
Holding a form of other certification would be an added advantage to your profile. Especially on all our platforms.
Equally important, if you are a certified company and would want to partner with us, we would like to invite you.
Not to mention, work with us and be part of our successful photographers in Kenya, Africa, and the world.
Moreover, jmexclusives photographers would be displaying their skills by capturing images and photos. Including;
- Client Photo or Video Shoot.
- Company Programs.
- Nature and Beauty Shoot.
- Ceremonies such as; Burial, wedding, conferences, tours, events, team-building and other events.
- Competitive gallery showcases.
- Newsmaker locations.
- Shop, farms and other projects not mentioned
- To know more categories of where you can apply your photography skills, Click Here!
Photography Course in Kenya
Recently, we had a preview on Audiovisual Production Industry. However, lasting for anywhere from a few days to a year, Photography courses are also diverse in their subject matter.
Whereas, students can focus on fashion, black and white or digital photography. In particular, as they work toward obtaining a certificate for our diploma in Photography courses.
Whilst you’ll be out there looking for a Photography Learning Institutions, please consider among the following. Including,
- Photography Classes | Certificate in Photography – ADMI – Nairobi
- Versatile School of Photography.
- Beginners Photography Course (Nairobi) | InterNations
What is Audiovisual Production?
In general, Audiovisual Production (AV) (less commonly). And also called (Audio-Visual) means possessing both a sound and a visual component.
Such as slide-tape presentations, films, television programs, church services, and live theater productions.
Audiovisual Production service providers, for instance, jmexclusives studio, frequently offer web streaming, video conferencing and live broadcast services.
Important to realize, computer-based audiovisual production equipment is often used in the education system.
For instance, with many schools and universities installing projection equipment and using interactive whiteboard technology.
Another audiovisual production expression is the visual presentation of sound (visual music).
Getting to do something well does not mean it is the end, we always challenge ourselves with what drives us to the world-beater position in everything we do.
We make sure that our clients have all the details they need as soon as they engage with us in any audiovisual activity.
Audiovisual Production Materials
In the first place, audiovisual production materials are important to all circles of learning that start from the lowest to the highest.
Including, informal education that starts at home and then the nursery, primary, secondary, tertiary and University.
So AVMs are recognized and accepted as essential means of increasing the effectiveness of teaching, learning and research purpose.
According to The Librarian Glossary (1987) “AVMs as non-book materials like tapes, slides, films. And which are renewed and recent to rather than read as books.
In other words, AVMs can contribute much to teaching and research by stimulating interest. And also, providing valuable information and expanding the horizon of experience.
Audiovisual Materials (AVMs) are those things can be understood by observing the visual aspect of anything.
Dike (1993) define “Audio Visual Resources are those materials which do not depend solely upon reading to convey meaning and present information through the sense of hearing as audio resources or through a combination of both senses.
With the dramatical change of technology, now Audiovisual Production materials are used in the library. Equally, through the information centers, various organizations, etc.
In addition to the institutions which are related to providing and disseminating information. Especially towards their respective clients.
Types of Audiovisual Production Materials
Broadly Audiovisual Materials are three types. Including;
1. Auditory Materials
Auditory means of or relating to the hearing. This include:
- Sound Films
- Telephone, etc.
2. Visual Materials
Visual Materials are those materials that we see and can be understood by observing the visual aspect of an object. They include:
- Projected materials- slide, film-strips, film
- Illustrated books
- Cartoons, etc.
3. Audio-Visual Materials
Audio-Visual Materials are a combination of Auditory and visual materials. This may include:
- Motion Picture
- Printed materials with recorded sound
- Demonstration Tutorials
What is the Importance of Audiovisual Production Materials (AVMs)?
The use of Audiovisual devices in teaching and learning has increased in the past few years. In reality, due to technological developments.
For instance, technology makes teaching and learning more interesting for the students as well as the teachers.
Especially, as a result of a number of audiovisual materials used in this sector.
Audio-Visual Materials has a Great Impact on teaching and learning such as;
- Audio-Visual Materials can create all of the reading materials more effective and attractive to all students in a classroom.
- All the learning materials can be represented properly with accurate illustration with the help of Audio-Visual Materials.
- Audio-Visual Materials can bring variation and diversity among the learning material for the convenient of the students.
- AVMs provide a learning experience that could not have been provided more easily with traditional materials.
- These can make a real contribution that will be useful and effective in realizing learning goods.
- Audiovisual Production Materials (AVMs) creates a better relationship between the students and teacher in the classroom.
- These can change human behavior significantly.
- Research work without Audio-Visual Materials (AVMs) can’t bear any fruitful results to the research scholar.
- For expending experience, AVMs play a dynamic role.
Audiovisual Production Materials can also Improve Activities such as;
- contributing to the group learning situation.
- reinforcement and add effectiveness to teaching procedures.
- AVMs remove the extraneous matter of learning materials and get to the essence of it
- Audio-Visual Materials help to cut through the physical limits of time and space in a unique manner.
- Audio-Visual Materials supply a concrete basis for conceptual thinking.
- The attention-getting the power of AVMs, there is an ability to stimulate interest. And also, their simplicity combines to help the student think consecutively about a subject presented in the classroom.
Learn more about jmexclusives Audiovisual Production Studios.
In conclusion, we do not limit the individual work and or projects contacted otherwise and if not through our office.
You will be assured to get services and support just like the world-beater Photographers.
Such as; Rehahn, Jimmy Nelson, Lee Jeffries, Joe McNally, Erik Almas, Steve Mccurry, Timothy Hogan, and others do believe.
In addition, you can leave your comments below this post.
See more useful and related to the topic links below.
- Photography and Audiovisual News Update
- Studio News: Audiovisual Production Guides.
- The Indiana University of Pennsylvania: Audio Production Certificate.
- Full Sail University: Audiovisual Course Schedule.
- Africa Nazarene University: Certificate in Audio Production.
- Colleges and universities offering Certificate in Photography.
- Classroom: Types of Audiovisual Aids used in Teaching.
You must log in to post a comment.