As you continue on your web mastery journey (just like jmexclusives) you’ll realize how important an online HTML editor tool can be. But why? Simply because the code produced by the default CMS editors like WordPress can quite often be poor.
Meaning, a simple sequence of edits in the WYSIWYG editor can cause all kinds of syntax errors. But, luckily these are not always visible in most modern web browsers. Like Google, Yandex or Bing. Even with the introduction of the WordPress Gutenberg Editor, it is still quite restrictive.
In terms of the restrictiveness in these CMS editors, it often comes through the ambiguity in their functionality and page layouts. However, WordPress Page builders offer users more of a Wix or Squarespace visual builder style of interface.
Related Topic: What is WYSIWYG? How it Works with Examples
The only downside of this type of page builder is that it creates more bloat and unnecessary code in the html portion of the site’s pages. Quite often themes and plugins are already doing this. So it’s just adding more weight to the website.
It’s really a trade-off, ease of use over page speed and quality of page markup. On the contrary, organic website rankings for search are very much dependent on your competitors. Thus, if you are competing against very fast sites — with well-formatted code — then you may struggle to climb the rankings.
Even if your content is very good, it may lose out on other factors. By definition, HTML (aka HyperText Markup Language) is the standard markup language for creating and showcasing Web pages. With basic HTML skills, you can create your own Website so freely.
What’s more, it’s so easy to learn — you’ll also enjoy working with it too! (learn more). For even more general knowledge, you can consider using the w3schools website as a good source of all your HTML references. Having said that, let’s now have a look at the work of an online HTML editor.
What is an Online HTML Editor?
An Online HTML Editor is one of the best real-time HTML editor software kits with dynamic instant live visual preview and inline WYSIWYG editor using CKEditor and markup clean-up feature. It includes an HTML viewer, editor, compressor, beautifier, and an easy formatter.
But, it’s not for creating complete websites. Therefore, it does not create HTML head and body tags. So, it creates only the body content. The Web Editor is intended for all people who are in need of formatted HTML. May it be in their applications, websites or web content management systems (CMS).
Such tools (like htm5 editor) were designed to make you extremely fast and efficient in HTML Editing. So, with such features, it’s almost impossible to create an invalid code with this tool. As an example, HTML5 Editor was designed to simplify the process of creating attractive web pages that render correctly in various browsers.
It also helps to find and correct errors in your HTML markup. So, it’s basically impossible to write wrong code with this tool. Are you ready to use the web editor or HTML editor in your web browser? Well, no registration, login, download or installation required! Just try this editor or this editor for free right away.
How to Use the Online HTML Editor
The operation of this Online HTML editor tool comes with a built-in HTML Cleaner that is very intuitive. Not only that but it also works very effectively in any of your web browsers like Google Chrome. Without the need to install any additional program.
On the other hand, you can also Get Started very simle and easy. And as they say, whenever you compose your text using this tool, “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). Its WYSIWYG editor on the left allows you to adjust the formatting of the source code on the right. You can see it in action below.
You can also use this tool to convert Microsoft Word, convert PDF documents or any other rich-text documents to HTML too. By simply pasting it in the visual editor field provided for you.
Equally important, you can also perform bulk operations on the HTML code too. By clicking on the ‘Clean‘ button after adjusting the Settings. All this is what makes “Online HTML Editor” the best html editor.
Before you start composing the content for a live website I advise you to experiment with the features populating the work area with a demo text first. By clicking on the ‘Quick Tour‘ menu item.
The visual editor works like a regular text composer program. So, just use the commands above the text area to adjust the content. And in the meantime, you’ll notice the source editor changing with it. If you’re familiar with HTML code composing then you can adjust the code on the right.
Eventually, the control panel above the HTML source editor lists the most important commands. But, there’s even much more to what you can do with the online WYSIWYG editor. Allow me to to list some of its more uses below.
What you can do with an online WYSIWYG editor
First of all, you can revert the text back to the state before the cleaning or execution of any other major event. Not to mention, the visual editor has its own Undo button. Secondly, the fresh page command starts a new document. Whereby, the same feature is listed below File/New document.
By deleting the new lines from the HTML code, you can also compress the Source code. And even define the replacement rules and execute them. You can also use the Plus button to define new rules and the recycle bin to remove one.
Related Topic: Block Editor | How to Install the WordPress Gutenberg Editor
It also allows you to fill the page with meaningless writing to fill gaps or experiment with the layout. You’ll also be able to pick a color from the palette and use them with the easy. For instance, through its Click and Copy feature. Save the active colors for later use or use the rgbcolorcode advanced color mixer.
Whenver it comes to its Activate automatic scroll, the two editors will scroll together when this option is enabled. Not forgetting, you can even adjust the font size according to your preferences. You can also set up the cleaning options here.
Lastly, your Settings will not be lost when you leave the website. You can also click the header to select/disable all options. And above all, you can execute all options that are checked in the settings (using the gear icon). You can go ahead and try these HTML editor features to practice and to maximize your coding efficiency.
Other important editing features include:
- Interactive Demo: You can take a 4-step tour going through the features while clicking on the Quick Tour menu item. Learn how to use the redactor and experiment with the demo text.
- Document Converter: To convert any visual document like Excel, PDF or Word to HTML. Just paste the doc in the visual editor and the markup will show up instantly on the right.
- Online Text Editor: Compose documents, just like in a rich text editor. Use the control panel to include images, tables, headings, lists and other items to your paper.
- Copy Paste Features: The editor won’t allow you to save the documents. For this reason, you’ll have to copy your generated code into a blank text file. And then, change its extension to an HTML and open it in a web browser.
- Work With Tables: Using the WYSIWYG editor panel you can create tables of any dimmension in only 2 clicks. There’s also a cleaning option to convert them to styled DIV tags too.
- Undo Button: Both editors have this function. Allowing you to revert back the document to a previous state. For example, before the cleaning has been performed.
To be on the safe side, always make sure that you apply the CSS code whenever you publish tables converted to div elements. You can as well try the interactive online table styler which can generate grids from both div and table elements. After all, these are both supported by this editor.
Edit Pad – Online Text Editor & Wordpad for Notes
Apart from using an online HTML editor to code a document, you can also easily use Editpad Wordpad to start creating some notes online too. Whereby, you can also copy-paste to edit text and save it for later use.
Besides this, the Online Notepad allows users to upload files from a computer, Google Drive, and One Drive (under development). In short, you can add, delete, and copy-paste text on the online text pad. There are other most common uses of our online NotePad too.
Some other uses of Online Editpad include:
- It helps to write and edit the text in no time.
- Students and other users can quickly create online notes without installing text editing software.
- Allows you to check the originality of written content.
- Bloggers, writers, and webmasters can use our paraphraser to rewrite the content avoid plagiarism.
- It helps developers to work on the same file simultaneously working on different projects.
Advanced Online NotePad Editor Features
- Word Count: The online TextPad allows you to check the total number of words written or pasted. And you can convert words to pages also.
- Character Count: You can also check the exact number of characters in your writing by using this feature. It will promptly count characters and spaces and will display the result.
- Check Plagiarism and Grammar: You can also check plagiarism and grammar of edited text in the online editor.
- Paraphrase Text: If you’re writing plain text in the online Notepad, you also have an option to paraphrase it in the same typing pad.
- No Installation: The best thing about Plain Text Editor is that you don’t need to install it to complete your tasks.
- Converts Rich Text: Remove text formatting in word, excel and google docs. It converts rich text to plain text. For formatted text using their rich-text editor.
- Download and Save: Editpad provides an option to download and save the edited text directly into the smart device just with a single click.
- Full Screen: Full-screen feature expands text editor area to full screen. It can be reverted to normal by pressing the “Esc button”
- Share file: Directly share your notes with others by using the “share note” option. You can create and share unlimited files.
- Password Protection: Secure your shared notes using passwords. Only people who know the password can view your plain text.
- Upload File: you can directly upload files from your local device and edit text online. The following file formats are supported:
- .DOC / .DOCX (microsoft word documents)
- .TXT (plain text files)
Mobile Applications for Android and iOS mobile apps will be available soon. With that in mind, you can get Edit Pad online or even learn more about how it works.
In reality, the online HTML editor tool is a must for all webmasters. Now that you can use this website absolutely free! But, by using this tool, you’ll accept to link to either the website or their partner sites. However, if you don’t want this, please subscribe for a pro HTMLG license to get even more HTML editing features.
You should also make sure that you have a backup in place before using this tool. In order to make sure that you can always revert back to your original document. In addition, always check your code before publishing on a live website. Check the quality of the article requirements for that matter.
Related Topic: How a Web Browser Works | A Simple Step-by-step Guide
The best thing is that is editor never saves or sends out your document. Thus, all operations are performed on your local computer. And like most websites, this tool also uses browser cookies too. For a better user experience while working with it online for free.
Finally, I hoe that you’ll find this guide resourceful. But, if you wish, you can share some of your opinion thoughts. As well as general contributions, suggestions or even questions in our comments section below this blog. You can also Contact Us and let us know how we can help you.