Website Heavy Engineering Ltd.
Heavy Engineering Ltd, located in Nairobi Kenya, is an established engineering company with vast experience in the energy sector in East and Central Africa since 1980.
Who is a Financial Manager?
To enumerate, a Financial Manager (finance manager) organizes and manages an organization’s or an individual’s financial portfolio. They also prepare financial reports, oversee investments and help with cash management.
In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly every government agency, business firm and other organizations employ at least one financial manager.
Sometimes, these type of organizations employs more than one. In the end, this makes a financial manager a critical member of many organizations.
About Heavy Engineering Ltd
Initially, by supplying skilled manpower for the erection of plant equipment for the main contractors. Their first major hydropower project was the Kiambere Hydroelectric Power Project in 1985.
Where they were the subcontractors responsible for the installation of Turbines, Generators, and Hydromechanical Equipment.
Be that as it may, this project also marked the first experience by Heavy Engineering Ltd. Especially, in the manufacturing of Turbine parts for hydropower projects. Not to mention, they manufactured 2 sets each of Draft Tube Liner, Spiral Casing and Pit Liners.
Is Heavy Engineering Ltd Hiring?
Of course, Yes! Among other jobs and career openings, they have a job vacancy in the financial manager category.
Financial Manager Job Description
Important to realize, the goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
Financial Manager Responsibilities
- In the first place, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and financial statements.
- Managing budgets
- By the same token, maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Producing long-term business plans
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Verification of payments to employees
- Preparation of payment schedules to creditors according to agreed payment terms
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors, and factors affecting performance
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Equally important, conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Liaise with KRA, labor and other government organizations
- Controlling income, cash flow, and expenditure
- Managing compliance with all the statutory obligations as well as taxation for the company, in accordance with Kenyan government requirements.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- carrying out business modeling and risk assessments
- Supervising staff
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Firstly, have proven experience as a Financial Manager.
- Secondly, extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Experience in using ERP systems. Implementation of an ERP system in a company will be a plus.
- Then again, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Understanding of LC payment terms and conditions
- Experience with debt restructuring is a plus.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting. Master’s degree is a plus
- Professional qualification such as CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing firm will be an advantage.
I hope you have gathered enough information in regards to the above-featured job by Heavy Engineering Ltd.
But, if you have additional information, contributions or even suggestions, please Contact Us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com