What does Acceptable Use Policy mean?
Too often, Acceptable Use Policy is interminable documents filled with technical and legal language that most employees sign after scanning only the first few paragraphs. As an example, the inappropriate use of IT systems puts most organizations with online undertakings at risk.
With this in mind, that’s why you should develop an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Especially, that defines the ways in which IT resources may or may not be used. This kind of policy apathy might explain the case of Kaspersky’s study for more than 5,000 companies. Whereby, the study found that 46 percent of cyberattacks resulted from carelessness or uninformed employees.
All capitalized terms not defined in this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) have the meanings given to them in the main body of the Agreement. This AUP applies to your use of the site and services provided by the jmexclusives agency. Not to mention, the examples described in this AUP are not exhaustive.
It’s important to realize, at jmexclusives (“we”) may modify this AUP at any time, without prior notice. In this case, by using the website or services, you agree to the latest version of this AUP. And if you violate this AUP or authorize, encourage, or help others to do so, jmexclusives agency may immediately, without notice or liability, suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
1. Reporting Violations and Prohibited Content
First of all, we encourage you to report suspected violations by sending an email with the page(s) in question, and the details of the alleged infraction, to [email protected]. Whereby, we will investigate any reported violations of this AUP and will respond where appropriate or necessary, at our sole discretion. You agree to accept, in full, any conclusions related to an investigation into your complaint, without limitation.
Please keep in mind, No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content is allowed on the jmexclusives website. That said, you may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to use, our website or service solutions for any illegal, harmful, or offensive purposes. Or even, to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include, but are not limited to:
1.1. Illegal, Harmful, or Fraudulent Activities
Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
Additionally, content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
1.2. Infringing and Offensive Content
Simply put, this includes content that infringes or misappropriate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
By the same fashion, content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
No Security Violations & Network Abuse Allowed
You may not use the jmexclusives site or service solutions to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
Interception and Unauthorized Access: By interception, it means monitoring of data or traffic on a system without permission. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a system.
Falsification of Origin Acceptable Use Policy: Described as, forging TCP-IP packet headers, email headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route, or otherwise falsifying or masking your identity or source. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
1. Monitoring or Crawling
Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
2. Denial of Service (DoS)
Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
3. Intentional Interference
Interfering with the proper functioning of any system, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
4. Network Services Operation
Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
5. Avoiding System Restrictions
Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a system, such as access and storage restrictions.
Acceptable Use Policy Prohibited Conduct
By the same token, no email or message abuse is allowed. And on one hand, you will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass email. Or even, other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”). Including commercial advertising and informational announcements.
On the other hand, you will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. In addition, you will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this AUP or the AUP of that provider. Our further prohibited conduct is listed below.
Whereas, you agree that you will not:
- facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted or trademarked content;
- except as expressly permitted by jmexclusives, license, sublicense, rent, or lease the Services to any Third Party;
- advertise to or solicit users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products, or commercial interests, or who have unsubscribed from your marketing materials;
- use the Site or Services, or information obtained therein to stalk, threaten, or in any way harass another person or persons;
- collect, use, disclose, or disseminate data, including Personal Information, without informed consent, for unlawful purposes, or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- request, solicit, or in any way obtain access to usernames, passwords, or other authentication credentials for the purpose of automating logins to the Site or Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to jmexclusives computer systems;
Further, you agree that you will not:
- engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality, interferes with the performance, or impairs the functionality of the Site or Services;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or attempt to access any source code underlying the Site, the Services, or other jmexclusives technology;
- copy, archive, store, reproduce, display, publish, or in any way distribute or create derivative works. From all or any part of the Site or Services, without express authorization;
- access the Site or Services in order to build a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interfaces. And or even graphics as those found in the Site or Services;
- access the Site or Services in order to monitor their availability, performance, or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes;
- upload any Content, software, or code designed to cause a security breach or override, interfere with the functionality. Or even, the performance of the Site or Services, or prevent others from accessing or using the Site or Services;
- upload any single file larger than 500MB; or
- create more than 5,000 landing pages, without prior authorization.
How we Enforce our Acceptable Use Policy
We reserve the right but do not assume the obligation. To monitor the Site and the Services (and any use of them). And also, to investigate any violation of this AUP or misuse of the Site or Services. Finally, jmexclusives may, at our sole discretion and without liability:
- investigate violations of this AUP or misuse of the Site or Services; and/or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that, in our sole determination, violates this AUP. Or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Site or Services.
Equally important, we may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation. Especially, to law enforcement officials, regulators, or any other appropriate Third Party. And, thereinafter, our reporting may include disclosing customer information.
You should also bear in mind, that we may cooperate with law enforcement agencies, regulators, or any other appropriate Third Party. Generally, to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct. Particularly, by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this AUP.
Finally, it’s our hope that you’ve read and understood all the above stated Acceptable Use Policy guidelines. But, if you’ll have additional contributions, suggestions, or even more questions, please feel free to Contact Us. Also, don’t forget that you can donate to support our blog articles, research topics, and other ongoing projects here.
You can also read and learn more about our general;
Copyrights © 2019 | jmexclusives