Simfy Africa is a fully fledged music streaming service that stacks up incredibly well against rivals. Such as Spotify, Rhapsody, and Rdio. Moreover, plenty of musical content is already available for streaming on platforms such as YouTube and Daily Motion. But these platforms often don’t provide a comprehensive licensing environment like dedicated music streaming platforms.
Therefore, it definitely seems wise to make content available, at least on stores that pay decent revenue to artists. Besides simply creating revenue, there are other benefits for artists to being present on streaming platforms. It also opens up possibilities to reach new audiences. Considering that approximately 2.5 billion people worldwide don’t have bank accounts and 2 billion of them are using mobile technology.
Simfy Africa History
In the first place, Simfy Africa was launched in 2010 in South Africa and is wholly owned by Exactmobile. It has a catalog of 27 million songs across all genres. However, local music only makes 5% of their catalog. The streaming service is available in Nigeria and South Africa, where users can try the platform for two weeks free of charge. But thereafter need to choose one of the subscription packages, which range from R25 to R60 per month.
The artist gets paid a proportionate share of subscription revenue or a proportionate share of the ad revenue. The payout rates fluctuate each month, depending on how much revenue was generated and how often the music was streamed, so a clear answer on revenue to an artist per stream can’t be given. Be the first to discover new releases, re-acquaint yourself with all your old favorites. Your new favorite song, album, artist or playlist is just a click away.
Playlist Listening and Catalog
Whether you’re at work or home just open any popular browser on your computer or laptop to start your listening experience. Or use the Simfy Africa desktop apps for Mac or Windows, to take your music off-line, so that you can listen to it even when you are not connected.
Important to realize, as a Simfy Africa member, you have access to their complete catalog of songs and artists. You can listen and play these songs through the website or you can download apps for your computer or Smartphone enabling you to access all music and playlists where ever you go. By making use of the “Offline Mode” feature, you can listen and access your playlists without an internet connection. Simfy Africa has various packages to suit your needs (see below).
You can choose from various Simfy Africa Packages. Including;
- Monthly Package Packages: Once-off Payment or Automatic Renewal Payment Option: Credit Card or Mobile Payment Cost: R60 per month
- 3 Months, 6 Months or Yearly Packages: Once-Off Payment Payment Option: Credit Card
Simfy Africa, Exactmobile, Nigeria, South Africa, Music, Apps, Mdundo, Mkito, YouTube, Songa, Amazon, Google Play, Spinlet, Tigo, iRoking, Vuga, Mziiki, Orin, Las Gidi Tunes, Daily Motion, Streaming. See related Spinlet Music Platform Preview Guide.
- The jmexclusives: Cloud Computing and Technology.
- Simfy Africa: On all your Devices.
- Related App: Spinlet Music Platform Preview Guide.
- Audiovisual and Photography Updates.
- Tech Central: Simfy Africa: first in-depth SA review.
About jmexclusives Bloggers:
- The Joseph Mucira Exclusives aka (jmexclusives) are pro-influencers, content affiliates, trendsetters, certifiers, publishers, brand & product designers, site developers, SEO specialists, lead campaign marketers, I.C.T. consultants, businesses-brands-products-managers & Value Added Service (V.A.S) providers. » More about jmexclusives Team »