Get a YouTube Custom URL for your Channel
You can choose a custom URL based on things like your display name, your YouTube username, any current vanity URLs that you have, or the name of your linked website (all subject to availability). When sharing your custom URL, you can change its capitalization and accents any way you want. For example, both youtube.com/c/yourcustomname and youtube.com/c/YourCustómNámé would send viewers to the same channel.
Q. Can I change my YouTube Custom URL for my Business?
You can’t change a YouTubes’ Custom URL after creation. However, you can remove the custom URL from your channel and claim a new one if you want to change it.
Note that once you remove a custom URL it may become free to be claimed by another creator. In general, a YouTube channel may only have one (1) custom URL and custom URLs cannot be transferred or assigned to anyone. However, if you have questions about a custom YouTube URL, Contact YouTube Creator Support team.
Claim a YouTube Custom URL for YouTube Channel
You can claim a custom URL if you meet the general eligibility requirements. Follow the steps below to set it up. Further, to create a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to have;
- 100 or more subscribers
- Been at least 30 days old
- An uploaded photo as channel icon
- Uploaded channel art
Setting up a YouTube Custom URL for your Channel
If you’re eligible for a custom URL, you’ll see a notice in your advanced account settings, get an email notification, and may see a notification in your Creator Studio dashboard. Not to mention, before you start, keep in mind that you can’t change a custom URL after creation.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your icon in the top right > Settings or . Then click Advanced under your account name.
- Under “Channel settings,” select the link next to You’re eligible for a custom URL. You’ll only see this link if your channel is eligible.
- In the “Get a custom URL” box, you’ll see the custom URL(s) you’ve been approved for. You can’t change the part in the gray box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.
- Once a custom URL has been approved, you can’t request to change it, so make sure this is the custom URL you want before clicking Confirm choice.
Once you have a custom URL, your audience can reach your channel by using that custom URL (e.g., youtube.com/yourcustomname, which will take viewers to your channel homepage).
Remove Custom URL & Claim a new one
You can remove a custom URL from your channel up to 3 times per year. This deactivates the URL so that it no longer directs viewers to your channel.
- Sign in to YouTube and go to your “About me” page.
- Select the account with your YouTube channel in the top right. You may have to click All of your Brand Accounts if your account is not in the list.
- Find your current custom URL under “Sites” and click edit .
- Next, to the URL, you want to remove, click X.
- Click OK.
If you’re eligible, you can claim a new custom URL right away after removal, but it may take a couple of days before the previous custom URL stops directing to your channel. Always remember, “Custom YouTube URL keeps changing from time to time.”
You cannot claim a new custom URL from the “About me” page. If you want to claim a new custom URL, you need to meet the general eligibility requirements and follow the steps above. Here, you can “Get a custom URL for your channel.”
Starting a Successful YouTube Business Channel
So you’re thinking of taking the plunge into YouTube for your business, are you? It’s a smart move, given that 300 hours of video are uploaded every single minute to the platform, but it may not seem as easy as it was to learn how to create a website. Relax – we’re going to give you a breakdown of some basics to get your YouTube business channel up and running.
The first thing you’ll need to do is actually create your business channel, and YouTube makes it incredibly easy to do. With just a couple of clicks, you’ll be ready to dive into setting up your new channel. It’s time to put on your director’s hat!
Here are the steps you need to start a Youtube channel
- Start with the basics
- Fill in the about section
- Channel your art
- Know your market, know your content type
- Lights, camera, trailer!
- Upload your first (official) video
- Optimize for search
- Stay consistent
- Integrate your channel in your website and social
- Engage with your community
- Think about investing in YouTube ads
- Analyze, optimize, repeat
- And much more!
Changing YouTube Channel Custom URL
On YouTube Channel, Custom URL is an identity of our channel. if we have a good custom URL which matches to our Channel name then our channel looks professional and we can get channel subscribers easily. But when we start a channel then we don’t know where we’ll go.
Once our YouTube channel custom URL is approved then It is very difficult to change. Because Channel Custom URL on YouTube can get only once. after that, you’ll use the same URL in whole life & cannot change or get another URL. Sometimes we feel the need to change the name of the channel. And we also easily change it. But after changing Channel name, the YouTube custom channel URL remains the same. Whereby it becomes useless.
“The same happened to me. When I had made my YouTube channel, the name of my channel was EASY PC SOFT and my blog name easypcsoft.blogspot.com” narrates Pramod Kumar of Pc Mobi Tech. See the full narration of “How I got a new YouTube Channel Custom URL!” as told by Pramod.
YouTube Monetization Program Benefits
In conclusion, YouTube Content Creation is all about providing sufficient, original and credible content. In addition, by uploading your content on the YouTube Platform, you earn yourself a place to make a living. For instance, Google has a payment program called the YouTube Monetization Program.
Equally, it allows learners to make their own YouTube videos. Whereby, by asking your learners to be involved in video production, as part of an online group assignment, will help them not only ensure that they can use the important information they have learned but also develop and enhance their visual literacy and creativity.
Q. What is YouTube Monetization Program?
YouTube monetization is nothing but the ability to make money out of your videos by allowing ads on your videos. Whereas, this is a YouTube partner program. Whereby, the revenue sharing is 55% to the channel owner and 45% to YouTube.
YouTube displays relevant ads on video content created by content creators. And if monetization is disabled for your YouTube channel, it could be for several reasons. Such as;
- Attempting monetization of videos that don’t meet our advertiser-friendly content guidelines.
- Violations of YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube spam policies, AdSense Program Policies, or YouTube Terms of Service.
YouTube Monetization Program Revenue Share
So you receive 55% of every dollar paid by advertisers) The estimated earnings that the average YouTube creator could expect to receive from ads on a new video on their channel if EVERYBODY watched the ad on their video and the advertiser paid the average $7.60 CPM is 55% x $7.60, equaling $4.18 per 1,000 views.
You can apply for monetization at any time. To be reviewed, all channels need at least 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. This requirement allows us to properly evaluate new channels and helps protect the creator community. Learn more
- The jmexclusives: Cloud Computing & Technology Guides
- YouTube: Content Creators on YouTube Beginners Guide
- WixBlog: How to Start a Successful YouTube Channel for Your Business
- PC Mobi Tech: How to Change YouTube Channel Custom URL
- Advanced YouTube Settings: “Set up YouTube exactly how you want it!“
- Social Media Examiner: How to Use YouTube Ads on Your YouTube Channel
- YouTube Partner: Program overview, application checklist, & FAQs
- JTV Digital: A Guide to Creating a Successful YouTube Channel