Google Business Product Beginners Preview Guide
Notably, we use Google Business services and solutions support for a variety of reasons. For instance, when people search for your business on Google, they may see links to your business’s social profiles. In addition to your other business information in the knowledge panel through the Google Search Results.
For your information, Google gathers business information from a variety of sources. Whereby, it may include it to give customers a more detailed overview of your business. Further, social profile information is automatically added to listings for eligible businesses. If you haven’t claimed or added your business to Google My Business yet, then I strongly recommend you to first go and add your business to GMB by visiting http://business.google.com/.
Benefits of Google My Business Custom Search
I recently installed the new business edition of Google’s custom search engine. It took about 5 minutes to set up and will likely pay for itself many times over. You can use it by using the search box in the right rail.
Google’s custom search engine is easy to customize, fast to implement, works across multiple domains and is cheap. It only costs $100 a year for up to 5K pages and $500 a year for 50K pages. It also allows the owner to see search frequency and your most popular queries.
The jmexclusives Google Business Results
In the first place, the jmexclusives Search Results Page allows you to simply and easily locate your specific topics online. Not to mention, you can input the list of the Keywords or Tags associated with your query.
Additionally, you’ll find more answers through the jmexclusives FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) Page. Another key important thing is that you can visit the jmexclusives Services & Solutions Support Page for useful Google Business related topics. However, there are many factors that influence whether the social links will appear in your Google Business listing. Including;
- Consistency. Use the same name to represent your business in both your listing and your social profiles.
- Authenticity. If available, verify your profile using the social media site’s verification process. This helps Google determine that the social profile is managed by an owner or authorized representative of the business. Note that not all sites have verification processes available to all of their users.
- Structured data. Use social profile markup on your official website to specify which social profiles link you’d like to appear in your listing.
Optimizing Your Google My Business
A Google My Business profile is extremely essential for local SEO as it enables you to appear in local search results for queries related to your services or products based on your location. Once listed, the information from your Google My Business account will appear on
- your Google Plus
- Google Maps
- the Google Search
Google Business Social Profile Markup
Use markup on your official website to add your social profile information to a Google Knowledge panel. Whereby, Knowledge panels prominently display your social profile information in some Google Search results. In addition to the general structured data guidelines, Social Profile markup should follow these guidelines:
- The social profiles in your markup must correspond to what users see on the same page.
Supported Social Profiles
Use structured data markup embedded in your public website to specify your preferred social profiles. You can specify these types of social profiles:
You can specify other social profiles as well, but they aren’t currently included in Google Search results.
Benefits of having a Google listing
When a user searches for your business’s name, it appears above the fold on mobile devices and on the top right-hand side of the desktop search results. The users can get all your important business information such as phone number, address and opening hours.
The users can easily find you on Maps and track the routes to your physical location. You can get automatically connected to your G+ (Note: – Google Plus will be no longer available after 2nd April 2019) in which you can build a profile, post updates and share the latest news regarding your business.
If you want to reap all these benefits, you must improve the prominence of your business in Google My Business listing. Follow these simple rules by the jmexclusives Team.
1. Fill out the necessary information
Before implementing any advanced strategies, you need to ensure that your business’s name, address and phone number (NAP) are consistent and up-to-date across the web. This gives the most potential for your Google My Business listings to represent your business.
You must also focus on the following factors…
- Put a high-quality logo
- Update opening hours
- Choose the right category
- Upload quality photos
- Update your website’s URL
2. Build Local Google Business Citations
For any business, having a consistent NAP is extremely crucial to rank well in local search results. Google considers third-party data account to determine which business to show up for geo-type searches.
If the information about your business is not the same across the web, it will have an impact on your local search ranking. So, you should regularly check, clean up and build local citations on quality business directories.
3. Go on the Google’s 360 Tour
Why not give your potential customers an inside look at your business with Google 360 Virtual tour? With Google Maps ‘street view’ option, you can let the users see your business location through 360-degree photographs. You can also add a ‘business view’ simply by letting a Google-approved photographer to take some photos. All these aspects increase your brand’s online presence and familiarity.
4. Try to get positive reviews
You can ask customers for reviews and feedbacks, which help search engines to authenticate the users’ experience with your business. If you have more positive reviews, it creates an impression that more people are feeling comfortable to do business with you.
Besides, building positive reviews, you should also focus on mitigating negative feedbacks. You should never ignore negative reviews and should respond quickly and appropriately. While positive reviews give your local business a competitive edge, the negative reviews destroy your credentials.
Effective ways to get more reviews:
- Ask your customers for more reviews
- Encourage customers to rate your business
- Use an email marketing list
- Offer incentives to every review
- Share reviews on social networking sites
- Give incentives to employees who gather reviews
5. Strengthen your website connection with Google Business
There are several strategies that you can implement in your website to boost the local connection signals between your website and Google My Business profile.
- Display your business name, address and phone number on the website.
- Incorporate organizational schema Mark-up onto your homepage so that you can showcase additional details such as social profiles, logo and much more.
- Try to get more links from high-authority websites
- Try to create different landing pages, especially if you are operating your business in different places.
- Focus on general SEO as well. If you drive a lot of organic traffic and rank well on search results, it will aid you in local searches.
Utilizing SEO on your Business Online
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a marketing discipline focused on growing organic visibility (non-paid) search engine results. Additionally, it is the process of improving the position that your website appears in the “organic” search results. For example, returned by sites such as Google, Yandex, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
As a matter of fact, Search Engine Optimization isn’t just about building yourself a search engine-friendly websites. But, it’s about making your site better for people too. Moreover, jmexclusives believes that these principles go hand-in-hand. Equally important, sites that appear higher up in the results will get more traffic to their pages. Coupled with potentially more landing page visits, lead conversion and product sales in your business. See – Why SEO is Important to your Online Business.
For your Takeaway,
As it may sound not so important, but trust me it is the most important step towards your business growth. Getting your business on Google My Business (GMB) will help you out in increasing your chances of showing up on Google local search result, Google Maps, and organic search result in general.
Already set-up businesses can claim this free business listing on Google My Business and include information about their company such as;
- their business address,
- business phone number,
- business hours,
- and types of payment methods accepted by them to make the purchase.
Don’t have time to work on these strategies? Don’t worry, give us a call today! Let the experts at jmexclusives do it for you! Wishing you all the Best!
- The jmexclusives: Cloud Computing and Technology
- Google: Social profiles for local businesses
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization Beginners Guide
- YouTube: YouTube Custom URL for your Channel
- Beggar Torich: Strategy to get GMB (Google My Business) reviews for your Business or Website